CHAPTER 12 (BOOK 1)

TAEHYUNG'S POV

We head back to our home and have the same routine: work, eat, sleep, and repeat, but with a slight change. My life for the next four months will be with Y/N. I sent Kathy away, and as I promised her, I will be the best husband to her. I know it is strange that I am with Kathy, but I am with her too. I am messing up two people's lives, but once I clear this all out, I hope the one I end up with will be best for me.

Since the day we returned, my life has been a lot happier, and I haven't heard from Kathy either. I guess she is very busy with her life: make-up shopping and what not.

From morning till dinner, all I do is try to be the best for her. And I did because I was feeling guilty, and I got a chance. And once you get a chance, don't let it go.

I was working on it. I was keeping her happy, and making her happy made me happy too.

We also go to work together and come back together. Work has been stressing me a lot lately. We have been facing losses for the past few months and haven't gotten any account of where our money is going. Y/N and I have been working on this. She is trying her best to find the culprit, but nothing is working.

I was going toward my cabin when Kathy called me and wanted to talk about something. Y/N didn't come in today because of a fever. I asked her to rest and call me when needed. I was about to enter, but I heard her talking on the phone.

"Of course he's so stupid. I never knew my best friend could be this stupid," she said and laughed.

I stood at the door and kept listening. As far as I can remember, I am the only best friend she's had since middle school.

"You know he thinks that I love him dearly. When all I am using him is for money" she said. My heart stopped.

What?

"The reason behind his downfall is all the shares are getting transferred into my account. Both he and his leech of a wife are finding where all the money is going. Poor them doesn't know that the one who is taking is around them" She said and hysterically laughed.

"See mom how mastermind your daughter is. Soon our company will be getting Rich" she said proudly, and I was unable to process anything.

"I don't know why his bitch of a wife didn't tell him that I was the one taking all that money when she found it. So stupid of her. His choice was so poor back then. Dating a girl like y/n. Pathetic" she said, and I can feel her rolling her eyes.

Y/n know about it? Then why didn't she tell me.

"Mom don't worry about that y/n she is soon will be getting divorce from him and I will fully have him. He isn't also happy with her" she said.

"I don't know happened between them during honeymoon, that he is with her again. Did she do back magic on him or what? And I am a little afraid what if she have him back but then Tae clarified it to me that he and y/n need space for 4 months. " She said casually.

"I am so freaking happy and proud of myself, mom, that I separated them both and they both hate each other. The fact that she was stick to him like a leech and created boundaries between me and him when I was so in love with him. He ignored me, mom. He betrayed me. He never took care of me. All he was worried about his stupid wife, y/n". She said, gritting her teeth. This is too tough to handle. I am angry and sad. My feelings and emotions are a mess.

"The day when they both went on the dinner date. I called him saying that I was stuck in a problem. I knew that when I will be in a problem he will come to help me. That's what happened" she said, and I got flashes of that time. I was on a dinner date and she called me. She was in a problem and sounded desperate and helpless.