CHAPTER 18 (BOOK 2)

Y/N'S POV

I was standing on my room's balcony, having flashbacks of the unexpected meeting with Taehyung. How happy I was that my terrible life had ended! I will do what I want to do. I am finally out of that hellhole and will live according to my choices. But here we go again; the same cycle is repeating itself. He is back out of nowhere, and he hasn't signed the divorce papers. We are still married.

On the other hand, how am I supposed to tell these two that he is my ex-boyfriend, husband, and ex-husband?  God knows what he is to me.

Ethan has been worried about me since yesterday. My breaking down in front of him worried him. Although he didn't ask me any questions, he lent his shoulder for me to cry my heart out. But how will I tell him that their collaborator is my husband? He loves me, and I don't want to hurt him if I can't love him. The thought of Ethan getting hurt pains me.

People who know the pain of getting hurt will never intentionally hurt anyone.

"Crying again?"

"Huh?" I said, looking to my right. Ethan was standing there with a coffee mug in his hand.

"What's wrong, Y/N? You haven't told me or Sir anything about the meeting. Did Mr. Kim say something bad to you?" he asked softly. But the mention of Kim sent a chill down my spine.

How should I tell him? I don't want to hurt him.

"Nothing... I had a great meeting with Mr. Kim, and he praised me. I'm just overwhelmed by the thought that I got the biggest project and will be working on it soon," I lied.

"Oh, okay. Don't get overwhelmed, love. This is what you worked for. This is what you deserve. Be happy you got it and don't let those tears out again," he said while wiping them off my cheeks.

How should I tell him that I don't want to be part of this project? I have the biggest opportunity, but not with the right person. How should I tell him that he is my husband? I don't want to do this shoot after knowing he is the main lead in the project.

“If, by any chance, I don’t want to be a part of the project, will your company mind?” I asked casually, as if I wasn’t serious about leaving the project, but my gut was telling me to leave as soon as possible.

“No, [Name], you can’t back out now. You have to do this project. You can’t back out now, even if you want to,” he said while sipping from his cup.

“W-what do you mean?” A confused expression crossed my face.

“You were specially chosen for the project, and your backing out will incur significant losses for our company,” he explained.

So, it is done by him. Now here we go again. How can I forget that he is a bastard? No doubt I knew Kim was a businessman, but I never intended to know what kind of business he does. If I had known he is the ceo of such a renowned fashion brand, then I would have refused in the first place.

Stupid of me, isn't it.

“Your backing off might cause trouble for your brother as well. There isn't any forcement from our company. But Mr. Kim wants you to be in the project. It automatically drops the burden on sir. So I hope you understand. Rest, we both are there for you” he said.