Chapter 11

Y'know I really wish someone would tell me what was going on. It was really starting to worry me.

There were a bunch of dudes with guns guarding my house.

Sylas had to walk me to every single class.

Milo and Luci practically babysit me when I'm at home.

I haven't seen Maddox or Angelo in like four days.

And to top it off everyone was acting weird.

Well. Weirder than usual. Every time I ask about Maddox, they changed the subject.

At first it was just annoying. Now it's just getting problematic. I can't even go to the bathroom in peace. I think today is the day I'm going to do something about it because if one more person asks me if I'm okay, I might hit them. I mean, I probably won't, but I would want to.

I stomp my way down to breakfast. I really didn't want to act moody, but I feel like it's deserved. I've been on total lockdown and I didn't even do anything. Easton was here this morning. It's become more of a 50/50 chance that he's around.

"Good morning sweetheart!"

I stare at him. I don't know where he gets all this energy from all of the time.

"I want to talk to Maddox."

"How about we eat some breakfast okay? You're going to be late for school."

This is what I'm talking about. It was annoying.

"If I don't talk to Maddox right now I'm not taking another bite of food. I will wither away."

"I'll force feed you."

"Yeah and I'll just make myself throw it back up. I want you to call Maddox so I can talk to him."

"I don't know when you got so bossy but I don't think I appreciate it. You can't talk to Maddox so how about you eat some food."

"No. I want to talk to him."

"Drop It Grace."

"No I-"

"I SAID DROP IT."

My eyes go wide.

"God I try to keep this entire family alive and fed every single day. I wake you up I drive you places I cook every fucking meal you eat. Now I have to do that WITHOUT help from Maddox and with an extra fucking person so I'm sorry if I'm a little preoccupied. I said you can't talk to him so you can't talk to him. There are things you don't know so just LISTEN okay? For my sake and yours."

I stand there as he stares at me, daring to go against him again. I back away slowly and head for upstairs. I stomp back up the stairs and head for my room. I push my door open and stop in my tracks. Easton's words are quickly forgotten. On my bed there's a bouquet of white roses. I think I would know if those were there before. I didn't want to go in. Just in case. I head down the hall and knock and Brandon's door. It swings open and Brand looks on edge.

"Are you okay?"

"Um, I don't know. Can you check my room?"

He immediately heads over to my room.

"Did you buy those flowers?"

I shake my head. He heads in and checks everything out. He grabs the flowers and a note falls out. He seems to get angrier as he reads it. He runs out of my room and knocks on Sylas's door before heading downstairs.

"EAST!"

"I'm sorry, care to explain what is going on?" I ask.

"I'M IN THE KITCHEN BRAND!"