Chapter 18

"Wake up angel."

No thank you. I was really comfortable.

"Cmon baby, wake up."

I snuggle into him more. I hadn't slept that well in months. Maybe if I pretend I can't hear him I won't have to wake up. Maybe he'll just go away and let me sleep.

"We're home angel. Milo and Sy want to see you."

I shoot up and then quickly regret doing that. My back still hurts like heck. I make a noise and Maddox looks at me in concern but I shrug it off. I wanted to see my brothers.

I guess I slept through the entire plane ride and the car ride because my house was right in front of me. I walk as fast as I can to the door. I'm not going very fast at all but I'm determined. I hadn't really walked in months and my back was killing me but I was going to get to them if it was the last thing I did.

The door opens and I stop walking. Milo is standing there and he looks out of breath but he also looks like he can't believe it's me. He runs his hand though his hair like three times before rubbing his face. He looks like he's having a crisis. He runs over to me and hugs me like he's never hugged me before. He's rubbing my back which is a problem but I'd deal with that later.

"Hi."

His eyes are watering when he says hi back to me.

"God Gracie I missed you."

"I missed you too."

And it's true. More than he thinks probably. I don't think they'll every understand how much I missed them or how much I hated that place.

Maddox, Easton, and Brandon all come up behind us.

"Let's get inside to Sylas guys," Easton says.

I continue to try and walk inside which really just ended at me being winded in the doorway.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" East asks.

I nod and assure them I'm fine.

Liar.

Maddox calls for Sylas and I hear his footsteps coming down the stairs. I think he just woke up because nothing is really seeming to register yet. He looks at me and waves before asking if he could go back to bed. He heads up the stairs but stops halfway before turning around slowly.

"Grace?"

I nod and he rushes down the stairs to hug me. He picks me up and swings me around and just seems all around excited.

"Holy shit Grace! You're here! You're in my arms in our house! Jesus, I missed you princess!"

I laugh as he spins me around. After he finishes spinning me like a maniac he puts me down. I'm a little wobbly but I stay up. He cups my face and I think he's checking if I'm real.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, "I got you shot."

He looks sad. I wish i didn't always make people sad.

"That wasn't your fault."

"Yes it was! Dad says it's my fault! If i just went with him it wouldn't have happened! Now you all hate me!"

He pulls me into a hug and kisses my head.

"You didn't have the gun and you didn't pull the trigger. It wasn't your fault Gracie. And we could never hate you. I love you more than anything in this world."

I wish I could believe him.

"Now let me show you something," he says.

He smiles at me and starts bringing me to the living room. Everyone else was following us as well. My eyes go wide when I see our living room filled with decorations.