Chapter 26

Things just got easier with Nat's help. She actually did send a car to pick me up. "hmm," she nodded as she sat in the back seat as the driver drove them out of the mansion.

After they reached a few miles away from the mansion, she looked behind to check if any car was following them. Rest assured that wasn't the case. She looked at the driver in front of her. 

"Excuse me, you can drop me here," She told him and he stopped the car for her. 

"Thank you," she smiled at him politely as she got off the car, and without a question, he quietly drove away. "Well, that was easy," she muttered. My bestie's got quite a control over her man, for the driver to do as she said, she scoffed as the thought of her husband crossed her mind, and there's me, who can't make him utter a word about anything at all. Well, bad for him, I know how to get things done too. She rolled her eyes as she hailed a taxi. 

The taxi stopped at a far secluded place. "Is this the right place?" she asked the driver. His navigation system showed the exact address the officer had sent her. 

Getting out of the car, she stood by the side of the road, searching for the officer, but she couldn't see even a single car passing by, let alone any sign of a human there. It was just the deep forest on both sides and a long empty road in between. Just then, the phone in her hand vibrated. "yes?" she answered hesitantly. 

"Hi," the male voice responded. "Sorry for calling you here. As we're exchanging some crucial information, I wanted to make sure we have a safe place," the officer answered.

"Sure, no problem," she replied, but something heavy settled in her heart. I'm really having a bad feeling about this, but I did come here signing my death warrant already, so it really shouldn't matter, right? She heaved a sigh as she followed the officer's direction as he guided her deeper into the woods. 

"Are you sure this is the right way?" she asked him as she saw nothing but the endless woods. 

The man didn't respond to her question instead he continued with his long list of directions. 

After walking for around 15 minutes, an open field came into her view, there was a small hut and a huge lake in front of that. 

"Yep, I see you," she waved her hands at the man who just came out of the hut to show his face. 

"Now this is quite a place!" she exclaimed as soon as she entered the place, the hut looked small from the outside, but dude it had a world of its own inside, without a word, the officer led her inside, "Officer Dominic?" She called him but he didn't respond, he kept on walking. 

She followed him out into the open, there was a fancy gazebo outside, and she scratched her head, questioning her decisions. "Oh well," She shrugged as she followed him, he finally stopped entering the gazebo, he then turned to her and offered her a seat at the huge round dining table in front. 

"Thank you," She smiled nervously as she took her seat. 

"Quite a nice place, you have," She commented again. 

"Thank you, but it's not mine, I just borrowed it from someone," He casually mentioned as he unzipped his bag, taking a folder out of it. 

"Borrowed it." She repeated his words, she shifted in her seat uncomfortably as she caught someone moving from her side gaze, looking towards the direction there was no one. 

"Here's my part of the deal," he spoke as he placed the file in front of her. 

Her eyes shone in delight as she extended her hands to grab it, "oh, thank-" but the pulled the file back before she could even touch it. 

"I hope you completed your part." He raised a brow at her. 

"Oh yeah, sure," She ran her hands through her bag and fetched the pen drive. 

Dominik's eyes widened in surprise, but he tried to hide his smile. 

"Thank you, Ms. Jones, I appreciate your hard work." He said it in a nonchalant manner as he grabbed the pen drive from her hand. He then immediately fetched a computer out of his bag and tried to open the file but the access was denied, he narrowed his eyes at her, "What's the meaning of this?" 

"Exchange hasn't been completed yet," she pointed at the file he had yet to give her, "The file requires a password so I'll tell you that immediately after you hand over the information that I want." She told him as she pulled the file towards her. 

Dominik muttered a curse under his breath. 

"What's the meaning of this, officer?" She glared at him. The man had cheated her, the file didn't have anything new, it was the same thing he had shown her at the police station. 

The officer smiled wickedly as suspicious men began to come out of their hiding places one by one. 

"What the hell is going on?" She tried not to yell.

"Well sorry about that Mrs. Fedorov," The officer smirked in response, "Thank you for the information, and about the password, I know they'll get it out of you, even if they didn't I'll manage," He slid the pen drive safely inside his pocket, "I enjoyed our business together but I had better offers, handing over Fedorov's wife to you know...your bad luck for being his wife, I've been waiting to hit him where it'll hurt him and  Vasiliev had been waiting to get their hands on you." 

Amethyst scoffed, "You must be kidding me!" 

"Now then," Dominic stood up from his seat and one of the men approached her, just as he was about to touch her, he screamed in pain. 

"Not the blood bath again," Amethyst rolled her eyes the blood of the man spilled into her sleeve and the crossfire started, "But well, it was about time he was here," She shook her head. 

"What the hell?!" Dominic shouted. 

"I didn't expect things to go like this but thanks you just made things easier for me." Amethyst smiled at him, she grabbed his backpack and ran through his things, "I see you have some useful items here," She nodded satisfactorily. 

"Whatever!" Dominic pushed her and ran away from there. 

"How rude!" Amethyst glared at him, just then she felt a hand grab her wrist, "What the hell do you think you were doing?" He yelled at her. 

"Hello, dear husband," She smiled at the man beside her. 

"Hello, my foot!" he glared at her as he tightened his grip on her. 

"That hurts, you know." She pointed at his iron grip on her slender wrist. 

"You're coming with me," He pulled her but she winced in pain, "What the?" He turned back to look at her, she smiled sheepishly, "I'm stuck you see," She pointed at her other hand which was handcuffed to the chair. 

"Did he do this to you?" His glare was murderous. 

"Nop, I did. See, here's the key," She waved the key in front of his face but before he could grab her hand she pulled it away. 

"What the hell are you trying to do?" He glared at her. 

"Answers, Mikhail, only your answers will set me free." She said nonchalantly.

"Are you crazy?" He yelled at her. 

"You didn't know?" She mocked him. 

"This isn't a game, Am. You'll get us killed!" He reminded her of the situation they were in. 

"Answers, Mikhail." She repeated, "I don't mind dying here, I'm as good as dead anyway, what's the difference," She shrugged her shoulders. 

Just then a shot fired right beside them blowing the flower vase on the table. 

"You've got to be kidding me!" He shouted. 

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" Her expression changed, she looked at him determined to get them killed if that's what got him to speak. 

"Your brother's alive, okay! He's alive!" He confessed.