Chapter 29

"So you were creating trouble, and he was just saving your ass." Natalie mocked her friend as she heard the entire story. 

"Well, if he only told me this before." Amethyst tried to defend herself.

"But Chris told him not to."

"How is that any of my fault?" 

"yeah, yeah, you're not guilty," Natalie said nonchalantly.

"I mean I am, I'm feeling bad now." Amethyst heaved a defeated sigh.

"You apologized?" Natalie asked her.

"If he would let me, I would, but he's disappeared into thin air." Amethyst shook her head in disappointment, it had been two days, and still, there were no signs of him showing up back home, she tried to reach him.

"Are you okay?" Natalie asked her breaking the chain of her thoughts.

"Hmm?" 

"I mean about Chris."

"I won't say I'm fine..." She trailed off as she remembered her brother lying in the hospital bed supported by machines, "But... at least I can see him, at least I know he's here." 

"So, now you're going back?" Natalie asked.

"Where did that come from?" Amethyst frowned at her friend's words.

"You came here for Chris, now you saw him, so time to go back?" 

"No, more the reason for me not to go back, how can I leave him here in this state?" Amethyst retorted.

"And what if your husband says he'll send you both together?" 

Amethyst went quiet.

"Amy, you there?" 

"hmm... yes," Amethyst answered.

"Your husband is hellbent on sending you back." Natalie reminded her.

"I know that!" Amethyst yelled out in frustration, there was a pain in her chest she didn't know why, "and Chris cannot travel in that state, you should know that, doctor."

"Woh, Why are you taking out on me?" 

"I am not." She retorted.

"Oh admit it, Chris is just an excuse, you want to stay for a whole other reason, and your reason is 6'1, silver-haired, icy blue-eyed handsome hunk-" 

Amethyst rolled her eyes at her words, "Oh Nat," She interrupted her, "When are you coming back? Don't you think you've been hanging out at a stranger's place for too long? You came here for me remember?"

"Oh, now you're attacking me all of a sudden?" Natalie faked a gasp, "Unlike you, Amy, I know what I want, and I want this grey-eyed beast in my life, but for now, I want that wild beast in my bed with me." 

"O-kay" Amethyst stuttered, finding herself blushing at her friend's words.

"Relax, my little virgin, we're not there yet, it's still a fun game until I have him in my hand, he's so stubborn I tell you. Just like your dear husband, he's hell-bent on throwing me out, but you know me. I need to step up with my seduction." Natalie hummed to herself. 

"So, you're going to stay here for real?" Amethyst asked her.

"Well my man can't go with me with all the things he does here, I don't think he can leave these behind, so yeah."

"Your man huh?"

"I'll make him mine soon." Natalie's voice was full of confidence. 

"hmm-hmm," Amethyst nodded.

"Why don't you seduce your man so we can stay here together, Amy?" Natalie suggested.

"Nat!" 

"He's already yours, technically, why don't you take a step forward? If you think he's going to come to you, that's not going to happen, these men I tell you, they're no good at this, if you don't take up the courage you'll end up losing altogether, so what say, you need some help from my side?" 

"No, thank you." Amethyst bluntly rejected her offer.

"Fine, you're on your own then," Natalie commented, "but give it a thought, okay? You can't fight your heart forever, it's okay to listen to what it has to say, don't be stuck up and just let yourself free, 'kay?"

"I don't know whatever you're talking about." Amethyst tried to deny it until the end.

"Deny all you want, I just don't want you to regret it later on, anyway, wish me luck with my man and I wish you luck with your denial while it lasts, I gotta go, bye, talk to you later." 

After cutting the call, Amethyst pondered at her words. 

****

The next morning

"Good morning, Am," Yulia greeted her at the staircase as she was climbing down to the kitchen. 

"Good morning," Amethyst instantly smiled looking at the cheerful girl. 

"Coming for breakfast?" Yulia asked.

"Hmm, yeah, that too," She nodded, "also, have you seen Mikhail?" She asked.

"I think he came home last night," Yulia told her, "But I haven't seen him around this morning, so I guess he's still in his room?" She shrugged.

"Great, thanks," Amethyst smiled at the girl as she turned to go, "I'll join you for breakfast later." She added before dashing upstairs.

"Okay," Yulia stood there in confusion, "I guess," She blinked to herself as she made her way down.

Amethyst stood in front of the large door and tried to gather her thoughts, what would she say? She asked herself. Firstly apologize for your behavior so far... her subconscious answered. Which wasn't my fault at all, she shook her head. Then what are you here for? her subconscious mocked at her, are you here to seduce him then? Her mind played the conversation she had with her best friend, last night. 

"Argh no, shut up," She shook her head violently. 

"Okay, whatever," She braced herself and knocked on the door, she stayed there for a minute but just barged right in when she didn't get any answer. 

As she entered deep inside the room, she found Mikhail sleeping on his bed.

"well he was here, for a change," She sighed with relief, "now what?" She frowned. She slowly approached the giant of a man who was sleeping with a scowl on his face. 

"Of course," She rolled her eyes, "Don't you ever get tired of it," She whispered to him, "Give it a rest to your face muscles already." She gently caressed his face but she immediately drew her hand back, normally he would have caught her hand already as this man didn't know how to sleep.

Her eyes then fell on the table beside his bed, the pills were scattered on the floor with half empty bottle, she took a proper look at the label, they were the sleeping pills. Her eyes widened in alarm and she called him out aloud, "Mikhail!" 

"Mikhail!" She tried to shake him up and the next second she found herself lying back on his bed, "Too loud," He whispered in her ear, sending shivers down her spine. 

"I..." She muttered but her breath hitched as he silenced her with a finger on her lips. 

"Am," He whispered her name before dipping his head and claiming her lips in a searing kiss.