convenient [5]

At first, the offers of having you as their volleyball team manager excited Oikawa so much.

He would be able to see you everyday, have more chances to talk to you and get to know you; befriend you.

But the more he thought about it, the more the idea rotted in his brain.

Yes he would have all those opportunities to get to know you, but so would Iwaizume, as well as many of the other volleyball boys.

He didn't want anyone else to get close to you.

He wasn't sure why he didn't want the others to befriend you, he just knew he didn't want that.

The idea just struck a nerve with him, and now he was anxiously sitting in the corner of his room where he had a sitting mat as well as his computer in front of him.

He hadn't even noticed how quickly the time had passed as he sat there; when he finally snapped out of this odd trance of his, he looked over at his phone– which sat on top of some books and magazines he had next to the computer, and checked the time.

8:45pm

Despite the time, he hadn't gotten a single message from Iwaizume, which confirmed to him that he was still out and about with you. Which bothered him even more.

Yes, he was so happy for his friend; Iwaizume had finally seemed to take interest in a girl. But why'd that girl have to be you? He was ecstatic for his friend, but for some reason, deep, deep down, Oikawa hated the idea of you and Iwaizume being a thing.

But he wasn't sure why. He hardly actually knew you. So why was he feeling this way? This sort of protective yet selfish feeling? And why had these previous days been filled with dark and gory thoughts? and ideas that only seemed to occur when you were around.

It was like you were a trigger for him. A trigger that made the boys mind wander off to horrible places and want to take action in these horrible ideas that his mind was coming up with.

Not to mention the actual things he had done because of you. Noting bad, but just remembering how impulsed he felt to steal your paper, simply because it was your paper, made him feel bad.

Made him feel as if he was some stalker. Also the constant going back to your Instagram account to look at your photos made him feel like a perv too.

The other day he caught himself putting your photo as one of his iPhone wallpapers; he quickly stopped himself.

Honestly Oikawa just felt so strangely attracted to you. Not in a physical way, yet, but more like a need to be around you and only you. As well as you being around him and only him.

Maybe I should just go to sleep.

...

Or I could go check up on them.

Just to see if they're doing okay, right?

A quick stroll in town wouldn't hurt anyone, right? Plus I have to go to the convenience store— I'm running out of toothpaste!

He made excuses for himself , quickly grabbing a muted blue hoodie and his sandals.

He smiled as he walked out his back door, not wanting his parents to hear him leaving through the front, the weather was very nice outside.

Iwa-Chan mentioned something about a cafe–
Maybe he was talking about the one near that library and convenience store!

How convenient!
He laughed at his own silly joke.

Oikawa strolled down the quiet streets, picking up speed as more and more scenarios of you and Iwaizume popped into his head.

He fought the urge to break out into a full sprint.

"You what?!" You laughed, Iwaizume quickly put down his drink, eyebrows raised.

"I didn't mean to! He was in the way and I didn't notice in time!" He reasoned, laughing thinking back; for some reason, he was playing dodgeball with only Oikawa, and him being the only one throwing the balls, and Kunimi, a first year, got into hittings way. So Iwaizume accidently landed him squat in the face with a volleyball.

"Yeah yeah" you laughed, he laughed as well. At this point, homework became your guys' last thoughts, now enjoying each other's stories.

The cafe was almost empty at this hour, which you two didn't mind, it meant you guys to speak freely without bothering others.

"It's getting late, maybe we should get going; I don't want your parents being upset that I kept you out this late" Iwaizume spoke, smiling at you.

You smiled sadly, honestly not wanting to leave; you were really enjoying yourself with Iwaizume's company. "Yeah, it's already a bit past nine" you nodded.

Are they finally leaving?
Should I approach them?
No, that's a little weird.

Oikawa stood behind a small three that lonesomely stood behind a bench. He'd been watching you two for a good fifteen minutes.

He was so focused on the two of you, he hadn't even notice the deep scratch indents he had left on the tree he was gripping.

Oh.

He looked down at his fingers; they were red and aching, his nails were slightly bent back at the tips.

Setting is gonna hurt tomorrow

He panicked a bit, seeing how quickly you two made it outside without him noticing, he hid behind the tree, crouching a bit.

"I'll walk you home" Iwaizume stated after some time, although he really meant it more like a question.

"No, it's okay," you slowed down, seeing as he continued walking forward, "I have to make a turn here, you keep going forward, right? I'll be fine"

"Are you sure? It's late an–"

"I'm sure, thank you Iwaizume-kun" you smiled reassuringly, he finally gave up, smiling as well.

"Okay, well goodnight and if anything, call m— oh wait, I don't have your number" he kinda just blurted out.

Your eyes widened, "oh— let me see" you reached out for his phone as he handed it to you. You exchanged numbers before separating then said your goodbyes.

That was fun.
I can't believe I talked to him today– LIKE NO WAY.

You thought to yourself, it was crazy how it took you so long to even approach him, and finally today, you had a lengthy conversation with him, joking around and all.

Iwaizume was a very funny person, and to make things better, his jokes weren't ill humored, they were pleasantly funny yet innocent jokes and comments. To add even more, he was very well mannered, and seemed genuine all throughout the night. He was great at breaking the awkward silence that arose when you first got to the cafe too, you noticed.

What you didn't notice though was the fairly tall, brown haired boy, following shortly behind you.

Iwa-chan is so dumb,
Why would he let her walk alone?!
I have to make sure she's safe the whole way to her house.

He thought to himself.

But really, he was just ecstatic to see where you lived.