rekindle [35]

There he goes.
He didn't even glance at me.
This sucks.
Wait no, I shouldn't care.
Iwaizume isn't my problem anymore. 

And there goes Akira.
Am I being too harsh?
I never even gave her the chance to explain.
Damn.

You followed behind Tōru to the cafeteria; he wanted a strawberry milk.

It was just your luck that you happened to see your two ex closest friends all in less than three minutes too, and so you pondered.

Without Tōru yapping about whatever the hell came to mind, you were left with too much of a clear mind to think things over.

Now for Tōru, he was carefree; no fucks given.

He didn't speak to Iwaizume, hardly even spoke to Maki and Matsu. But he had you, that's all he needed. He figured you thought the same. So it sure as hell caught him by surprise when you mentioned the idea of rekindling your old friendships.

"Tōru, do you think we should talk things over with Iwa and Aki?"

He shot his head back at you, "what the fuck?"

"—or not, I mean I was just thinking–"

"Wait, wait," he stopped walking and turned to you, head tilted in confusion, "I'm not shutting down the idea– but why?"

You sighed in relief, "I just think it's stupid to lose good friendships over insignificant stuff, y'know?"

He eyed you, "would a good friendship do something as fucked up as making out with someone you had a crush on?"

Just briefly acknowledging you used to have a crush on Iwaizume left a sour taste in Tōru's mouth.

You stood quiet.

"Is she really worth it y/n?"

Is she?

"I don't know.... But I'm confused. Even if we don't rekindle our friendship, I would still like to know how the story played out. What made Akira do that, cause she never showed any interest in—"

"No." He stated. You were taken aback. "No matter the explanation, it was still shitty of her."

I can't let her know I got Akira to kiss Iwaizume. That would fuck everything up.

You argued back, "I know but.... I still want to know." Tōru huffed, annoyed now. "And besides her, what about Iwaizume? I hate knowing I'm the reason you two are no longer friends."

Tōru wore furrowed eyebrows that suddenly softened to blend in with his smile as he patted your head, "you're not the reason we are no longer friends y/n, he is for spreading false rumors about you. I'm not gonna call someone who spreads bullshit about my girlfriend a friend."

Although you knew the two fought that day at school, no one up and forwadly approached or asked you about what had really happened. Tōru told you Iwaizume was telling others that you were unfaithful to him by sending Iwaizume nudes. That was obviously a lie.

It took you by surprise, but you believed Tōru on it, and Iwaizume didn't try to approach you at all anymore. Due to shame, you figured.

"I guess but...." You sighed, looking down, "I don't know, just feel kinda bad about it all."

Tōru eyed you for a bit before letting out a heavy sigh. "I'll see what I can do," you gazed up at him, "I'll reach out to them, okay?"

You smiled, hugging him. "Thank you Tōru." He hugged you back.