sandwich [30]

You walked hand in hand to school with Tōru, again.

He left you at your classroom with a hug and kiss on the head then off he went to his class.

You barely made it to your seat before getting a notification through your phone.

Iwaizume !
sent you a chat

Oh what the hell?
I forgot we added each other on snap

You sat down and opened the message.

Iwaizume!
Can we talk real quick
Before class starts
By the cafeteria
?

You sat still, slightly confused.

Me
what for

Iwaizume!
Please y/n
It won't take long.

Me
sure ig

You got up as Akira made her way to sit down, you didn't even notice.

Making your way down to the cafeteria you spotted Hajime standing by the back doors, he had a small baggie in his hands and was fidgeting with the hem of his shirt, looking down at the floor.

You froze seeing him after a long time.

Ever since the whole Akira thing with Hajime, you could hardly bring yourself to even look at him and when you did, it would only be quick glances or no eye contact; it hurt your heart to.

You walked up to him, eyeing his shoes to whole time. He spoke up first after some silence.

"I didn't make out with Akira."

You shot your head up.

He was looking at you with the most sincere look you've ever seen on him, he was holding eye contact. Pausing before speaking again.

"She kissed me" he shamefully looked away, "what you saw in the video was me pushing her away. I wasn't holding her, I was pushing her."

You felt a weight lift off your shoulders, almost smiling.

Wait–
Why is it of importance to me.
He isn't my priority anymore.

As if reading your mind, Iwaizume continued, "I just wanted to let you know the truth. I would never do something like that, especially not to you."

You felt your eyes tearing up, you hid your face while quickly rubbing your eye to hide the tears.

"Thanks for letting me know" you muttered.

Hajime felt a weight lift off his shoulders after finally, clearly, hearing your voice for the first time in a while.

"Yeah" he let out, "also, I know you probably haven't had breakfast—" he extended his arm with the little baggie, handing it to you.

You took it from his hands and eyed it a bit.

"It's just a sandwich and a juice, it's not good to skip breakfast often" he added.

You just stared at the bag, then up at him.

He got embarrassed and felt a bit awkward. "I'll go no—"