corner shop night [14]

Iwaizume-Kun:
Sorry, I just saw this, but sure I'd like to.
We can meet up somewhere if you'd like, or I could go get you at your house?
6:24pm

Y/n l/n:
I might or might not already be waiting by the gym

Iwaizume-Kun:
There's no way

You pretty much predicted the later response, and dressed into more comfortable clothing at home, then made your way back to the school around six.

Not long after Iwa had sent the message did he pop out of nowhere, steadily jogging towards you from the direction of their club room.

You smiled, he gave a weak smile as well.

"Hey" you waved.

"Hey," he greeted back.

The walk was filled with this awkward tension that was quiet obviously felt on both ends.

You walked to some corner shop, purchased some snacks with little conversation, and went over to the park.

It was chilly and dark, but the street lights illuminated enough to see the slightly empty streets.

You sat down on one of the swings, he stood to your right, leaning on the swings standing poles, munching on some sandwich he had gotten for himself.

He spoke up while you drunk some juice you had bought. "So what's up?"

You glanced up at him, "just wanted to catch up some, it's been like a week since the last time we hung out" you summed, looking away at the street.

"Well you've been studying a lot with Oikawa," there was a hint to bitterness in the sentence, but you ignored it.

"He offered to help, so I thought it was okay" you shrugged, he let out a 'yeah'.

You sat, basically frozen, extremely awkward and absolutely regretting asking him to hang out; he was making it very difficult to continue with a conversation.

"Well, my schedule is completely cleared up now, but chemistry isn't getting any easier" you hinted at the comment, he was a little surprised with you.

You glanced at him, he was staring at you, eyes slightly wide, before letting out a chuckle.

"Well I'm free everyday after practice." You smiled and finally turned to look at him, he was smiling too.

"Tomorrow?"

"Cafe shop?" He suggested.

"Sounds good" you grinned, completely flustered. He smiled as well before leaning up and ruffling the top of your head.

"We should get going, it's getting colder" he smiled, you just nodded.