sleepiness [22]

Though it wasn't very long, the interaction you had with Iwaizume the previous day still bothered Tōru.

He kept thinking it over, what you two were actually discussing. When he had approached you two, Iwaizume so obviously distanced himself, which did bother the boy, in a way, but right now he cared more about what was said when he wasn't there.

The whole situation stuck in Oikawa's head all night, he couldn't even get a wink of sleep.

He huffed as he looked at himself in the mirror, finally getting up to ready himself for the day. He obviously looked tired, as well as felt exhausted. He left his home pretty grumpy to say the least.

.

You spotted him from afar as you rounded the corner of your street; Tōru walked forward with one headphone in. You smiled as you kinda jogged over to him.

"Good morning" you greeted. He hardly even acknowledged you as he let a mild 'morning,' along with a yawn. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Are you tired?"

He looked down at you, "obviously."

Oh

There was some sort of irritation evident in his voice, but you remembered to not quickly assume things, so you let it slide.

"Didn't sleep well?" You tightly gripped your bag straps, anticipating what he'd say next.

He sighed before pulling out the earbud, "no, I didn't sleep well at all." Oikawa turned to stop you by the shoulders before leaning into a hug, "but seeing you this morning sure makes me feel better"

You widened your eyes, slightly flustered.

"Oh" was all you let out, Oikawa wholeheartedly laughed.

"You're so cute y/n" he grinned before grabbing your hand and continuing his walk to school.

Yes, seeing you did lighten Tōru's mood, though he was a little rude without even realizing, but right as he left you at your classroom, life became so bitter again with the sleepiness affecting him.

He tried his best to fight it off, the sleepiness, but every now and then a heavy yawn would escape him while in between conversations.

Iwaizume was at school today, Oikawa greeted the boy with a glare before quickly hiding it with a smile and a wave. He didn't even mean to be rude towards Iwaizume, but technically he was the reason he couldn't sleep at night. So right now he absolutely detested his friend for even speaking to you.

He didn't want him to speak to you, or even be near you.

School came to an end, Tōru quickly made his way to your classroom, Iwaizume at his side.

You spotted the two as you walked in their direction, you waved. Iwaizume noticed and was about to wave back as Oikawa quickly sped up to walk in front of him, rather than next, in order to hide you from his line of sight.

Tōru grinned seeing you, he grabbed your hand and swung them a bit before letting out a, 'let's go'.

Iwaizume awkwardly excused himself and left towards the gym as Oikawa walked you over to the library.

"How was your day?" You asked, Oikawa hummed.

"It was okay"

"You still tired?"

He sighed before nodding his head yes, "a bit, yeah."

You thought it over, going to suggest he skippped todays practice in order to rest, but then you remembered his tournament would be the day after tomorrow.

He was acting a little odd today, so you didn't want to say things without having an idea as to how he'd respond.

You said a see you later as he finally walked out of the library and toward the gym.

.

To say the boy was not on his top game was a complete understatement. Oikawa's sets were either too long or too short, and everyone noticed. Even coach got onto him for it, and all Tōru could say back was a simple "my bad!" While smiling.

Iwaizume even approached him and asked what was happening with him today.

"Hey, you good?" Iwaizume sat on the bench Tōru was standing by, drinking water on their small break.

Oikawa glanced down at him as he finished drinking, "I'm fine, just a little tired."

Iwaizume just nodded in return.

I want to see y/n.

He rushed to get his things cleaned up, he wanted to leave.

As soon as he ran out of the gym doors, he halted to a stop, almost bumping into you as you waited a couple feet in front.

You waved, your other hand still hugging yourself in an attempt to keep warm. Tōru just slouched a bit, relieved with just even seeing you.

He rushed over you, then stopped himself before making any sudden moves.

It was dark outside, quiet, only the distant sound of cars audible a couple miles away.

"Can I touch you?" He asked suddenly, a blank look in his eyes

"What?" You thought you might've misheard.

"I mean— like, a hug. Can I hug you?" He corrected, anxiously anticipating your answer.

You hesitated, then shrugged. "Sure." You didn't even have time to open your arms for the hug before he rushed into you, tightly grasping you in his arms.

She said yes.

He again took this as permission to further touch you in the future.

You just stood there in place, allowing him to hold you in his arms.

Maybe he has been going through some stuff, that's probably why he's been acting weird. I'll just let him have this moment.

To be honest,

He was going through something. Everyday he struggled knowing you were out there still somewhat talking to Iwaizume, smiling to other people, talking to other people. It drained him.

So this, this was his release. He made sure to take advantage of this physical contact; breathing in your scent, squeezing your body in his hands, arms.

Tōru wanted to pause time, live in this moment forever and stay in this moment forever.

You could feel him tightening his hold, his fingers were now stabbing at your back, it was starting to hurt. "Oika–"

"Can you call me Tōru?"

erm

"...Tōru... you're, like, poking me really hard right now" you told him, he muttered a 'sorry' and lessened his grip.

You started to feel a little awkward as he still hadn't released your from the hug, so in return, you patted his back as a way to tell him times up.

He didn't get the hint.

"Okay, well, I have to go now Oik— Tōru"

"Really?" You could feel his breath on your neck, you shivered.

"Yeah, sorry" he finally let go of you, the hint of a pout on his face.

"Okay, let's go then"

"No actually," you paused, "I'm not going straight home, I have to do some errands for my mom real quick."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "then I'll go with you"

You shook your head no, "no, go home and rest, you need to. I'll be fine"

He wanted to protest but he knew it was for the better.

"Okay, bye y/n" he frowned.

You waved a goodbye and walked to opposite way.