Chapter 38 - Consequences

Izuku took off in the Batmobile, heading as fast as he could to Toga's hideout on the edge of the city while most of the police rushed to Daghobah Municipal Beach to rescue All Might. Joker sat in the interrogation room at the police department just smiling and occasionally chuckling to himself. Eri looked on through the one way glass wondering just how can someone be so demented and find all of this hilarious. Now, Eri was cautious about the clown as she did not know what he was truly capable of. However, she thought that he is just like any other villain at the same time. Eri wanted to help so she decided that perhaps it was time for her to have a face to face with the jester of genocide himself.

With Batman, he was pulling up to Himiko Toga's safe house to rescue her from danger. Little did he know that the real danger was hot on his heels. He entered the house, carefully observing his surroundings. The whole place was dark and shrouded in mystique. Batman's cowl was detecting one person in the whole place. Cautiously, he rounded the corner to where the captive was and there they were, strapped to a chair with a bag over their head. Quickly, he ran over to the chair and began to unstie them. 

"Don't worry Toga, you're safe now." Batman said, trying to ease the whimpering hostage.

With Gordon and Tsukauchi:

"All units, we have reached All Might's location. Everyone make your way either here or back to base." Gordon advised the rest of the officers as he and Tsukauchi exited the car just outside of the beach hut. Suddenly though, All Might himself appeared out of nowhere and landed.

"I AM HERE! GOOD EVENING OFFICERS, I WAS TOLD BY THE HERO COMITY ABOUT A SITUATION GOING ON HERE. SO, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?" He asked in his booming voice. Gordon and Tsukauchi looked confused at him.

"All Might, you are supposed to be in there." Tsukauchi gestures to the beach hut. "But, if you are not here or where Batman was then what or who is in there?" As soon as All Might heard Batman he questioned to himself about what has happened now. All three of them readied themselves, the two officers loading their guns and aiming towards the hut. As they swung the door open the trio was met with a horrifying scene. It was Himiko Toga. Or, what was left of her. Her limbs were torn off and scattered around the place. Her head was intact but had a sick smile carved into it with the jaw barely clinging on by the thin tissue remaining. Inscribed onto the walls in blood was the phrase "Joke's on you!" accompanied by a smiley face.

A few minutes ago at the police department:

Joker sat in the interrogation room patiently waiting for the clock to strike midnight. A guard stood in front of the door, staring down the clown to prevent him from escaping even with his hands cuffed to the table. Eri was getting fed up with just waiting around to see what happened so she took matters into her own hands. As Batgirl entered the room, Joker looked up in excitement but the look soon changed to confusion. His smile was gone and replaced with a grin as Batgirl walked right past the guard and in front of The Joker.

"Leave. Now." She said sternly to the guard and he obliged, closing the door behind him. Eri stood still, staring into the eyes of an agent of chaos who just sat there, laughing like he was in control. Joker just giggled and giggled and giggled.

"So, eheh, who are you meant to be?" He chuckled. Eri's eyes narrowed. He thought this was a joke? He thought this was funny?

"I'm Batgirl, Batman's sidekick and what criminals like you fear!"

"Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh please, I'll handle the jokes around here."

"You think this is a joke?! Do you have any idea the tragedies you have caused and the innocents you have slaughtered?!" Eri grabbed him by the collar and brought him up but Joker's smile only became wider by the second.