1: APOLOGY

"Meerub... I", Murtasim opened his mouth to tell his answer but fumbled because he doesn't want to reject her. From the time she came here, she has got only pain and he is helpless because it's his Ma begum who is taking decisions. He regretted slapping her also because that was very disrespectful of him. Today he got to know what she is going through and is in deep thinking about what to do next.

He thought by teasing her and by fighting with her he will get peace but today he realised that he want to see her happy. They are cousins and hated each other since childhood. He became an egoistic and short-tempered person because his parents didn't let him stay in a relationship with his love. They forced him to leave her and from that day he is like this.

He looked into her tear-filled eyes and felt a pang inside his heart seeing her tears. He doesn't know why it hurts but he can't see her crying for sure. He doesn't know why his heart is aching badly from the time he realised what she is going through. When he saw her crying and begging her parents to open the door once, he was screaming in his mind asking her parents to open the door for once.

"You don't have any answer, right? Ok fine. I will leave this house then ", Meerub said and turned to leave the room in anger but Murtasim held her hand tight and pinned her to the nearby wall. Anger reflected in his eyes, he looked at her in rage as he can't afford to lose her. Where she will go? Her parents will not open doors for sure and he hated the fact that they behaved heartless today. Even if they were helpless at least they could have opened the door once. What if he was not with her? He can't let her go because he knows she has to suffer

"Where the hell are you going?", Murtasim shouted angrily banging his hand on the wall. Meerub closed her eyes in fear and pressed his hand tightly fearing he will raise his hand on her once again.

When he felt her hand pressing him, he realised that he is scaring her and closed his eyes tightly to calm his anger. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes to meet her eyes which are moistened. Her heart is screaming for her to cry but she is trying to keep herself strong just to show that she is not weak.

"This is your house Meerub. You can live here with the right. You don't need to marry me", Murtasim told her softly and placed his hand softly on her cheek. He felt her cheeks wet and wiped tears from her cheek and started caressing her face softly. Meerub looked into his eyes wondering why he is changed. He is the same guy who told her that this is his house. Then what happened today?

"Answer is in your question. To hell. Want to slap me? Do that because you have that right", Meerub accused with her eyes showing how hurt she is because of his previous behaviour and she will not forgive him easily, neither she will believe him. 2 words of love can't melt her, especially from him because she knows him since childhood. She removed his hand from her cheek and pushed him away. Murtasim stumbled and held the table to save himself.

"Meerab I'm sorry. Believe me, I care for you and can't see you suffering. I want to see you happy like you were Meerub", Murtasim apologized holding his ear. A tear escaped his eyes and he don't know what is the reason for his tears. Her tears or his regret? He knows he shouldn't have raised. He felt like crying when she was begging near the door of her parents' house.

"Happy? They lied to me Murtasim. They were playing with my emotions. Everyone hates me", Meerub said with tears, now her voice started shaking and tears made their way through her eyes. Murtasim took her to the bed and held her hand softly in his.

"I am with you. And I promise to stay with you forever. If you want us to marry then I will. I will do whatever you want to. Please don't say that we hate you. I never hated you", Murtasim whispered as he felt his throat go dry. He wiped her tears and caressed her hair softly. He thought she will burst out in tears in front of him today but now he realised that he need to gain her trust first

"Ok, Let's accept with our conditions", Meerub said not meeting her eyes with him because she don't know why she felt different when he held her hand today. She hate saying that she loved the feeling when he held her hand.
__________
Today's pool scene was great😆😆
❤️❤️ How's the story?
It can be read as a standalone also❤️