9 : Favourite dish

Today is Sunday so Meerab is free today, she decided to spend time with Murtasim who always stays beside her. From the day she started college, Murtasim became a mother to her. He would cook for her, would massage her shoulder after she came back from college, and would shower love and affection on her.

For the last 2 weeks, she has been very busy with work and couldn't get time even on Sunday. That's why she decided to complete work on Saturday and spend one day with Murtasim just to make him happy. She has seen his happiness with her little effort. Once she prepared coffee for him without him asking for it and his reaction was worth it. His smile looked precious to her. She woke up before him and cooked biryani and kheer for him. She smiled in excitement as finally, she would be able to make him happy like he always did.

She arranged the dining table and smiled seeing everything looking clean and tidy. She feels proud of herself for cooking for him and getting everything ready to make him happy. She is excited plus nervous about his reaction because she never cooked for him before. Either maids or he cooks food but she never tried. Today she gave a holiday to the maid once she helped Meerab in cooking.

"Good morning. Wow, breakfast is ready", Murtasim wished and noticed the dining table ready which made him smile. He took a long breath as the fresh aroma of biryani hit his nostrils. He hurriedly walked towards the table and checked if he was dreaming or not. On noticing the biryani he smiled and looked at Meerab and asked why biryani in the morning.

"Yes, I was free so cooked...", Meerab was interrupted by Murtasim

"So rather than cooking bread, parantha or any dish you cooked my favorite. Nice. Thank you my wife", Murtasim thanked her looking into her eyes. A smirk played into his lips as he understood she cooked for him and this made him feel on top of the world. She cooked for him for the first time. Can he leave a chance to tease her? No, never because she reacts to his statements.

"Because...", Meerab fumbled and looked here and there to avoid eye contact. She smiled thinking of his excitement seeing his favourite food.

"Because your husband likes it. I'm so happy. Today I will take you out in the evening. We will enjoy it. Do you want to watch a movie?", he asked and held both of her hands in his. He caressed her palm with his thumb and brought it towards his lips

"Thank you so much Meerab. But I don't have anything to gift you so you are free to ask anything ", Murtasim said

"Leave it. Let's have breakfast", Meerab said while taking deep breaths as her hands were inches away from his lips. Her breath hitched when he kissed her palms and then pulled her close to himself

"I know I should not say this but Meerab I don't want to live a life without you. I will do whatever you want but please don't ever end this marriage", Murtasim requested. Meerab looked down not knowing what to reply. She wants to be an independent girl and prove to others that she can live a life without anyone but his request is something that she is afraid to deny. He has done so many favors to her. He kept her here like a queen and he didn't let her cry from the time they came here. His love and care made her forget the scars that her family gave her but still the marks are inside her heart. She doesn't know what to reply because she also doesn't want to lose him. But accepting this relationship is the last thing she would do because she is not ready for that.

Without saying anything she moved towards her chair and noticed Murtasim pulling her chair. He gestured for her to sit, she loved his gesture but couldn't smile because that smile vanished from his face because of her. She sat on the chair and looked at him who served himself and to her as well. Today she was supposed to serve him but she was lost in her thoughts thinking of a reply.