3 : WEDDING (NIKAH)

Ma begum took Meerab to the beautician and asked them to get Meerab ready. Meerab was asked to sit on the chair and the girls started doing her makeup and took an hour to make her ready. All the time Meerab was looking toward the ceiling with no emotion. Her heart wants to explode and she wants to cry her heart out in pain but she can't because unwillingly she is getting ready for jail. She chuckled at her fate as she used to find reasons to leave this house as soon as possible before and now has to live here forever because she will belong to this house.

"You are looking beautiful", one of the beauticians said setting Meerab's hair free highlighting her look but she asked them to tie her hair as she remembered her father saying she looks beautiful in open hair. She felt anger rushing through her veins and forced them to tie her hair. When they were done Mariyam complimented her. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful. Meerab's trance broke up on hearing her and she turned to look at the mirror but was stopped by Mariyam who asked her not to see herself because Murtasim hold the right to see her first.

Meerab nodded and her eyes glistened with tears again. Marriage is a scarlet bond where a man has all rights to claim his wife. She is scared of this relationship as she never lets anyone touch her without her permission. She was always passionate about her studies and never got time to think about the wedding. And see her fate. She is tied with a person who she hated or maybe disliked from childhood. She don't know if she can lead a life with him or not, she don't have any idea why she is marrying him because right now she is not in a good state of mind. She wants a place to live and a separate room where she can cry her heart out. Mariyam covered her head with a veil and asked Meerab to hide her face so that nobody else could see her properly.

"Let's go", Mariyam said to which Meerab nodded and stood up holding the veil. Her heartbeat raised in nervousness and fear of losing her dream and her happy family. She was so happy with Wakas and Aneela, but one day changed her life upside down. With each step, she felt heart throbbing pain increasing. She felt that she is going towards hell and this wedding is separating her from her dreams.

Her lips shivered to hear the sound of the crowd and she clutched her veil tightly in fear to face the biggest fear of her life. Fear to lose her dreams and career because this family will never allow her to go for a job.

She noticed Murtasim standing waiting for her in a white sherwani. She also noticed her parents standing and chuckled seeing them. She was expecting their presence but at the same time, she doesn't want to talk with them and forgive them for their mistake because whatever they did is equal to sin. They forced her to take this decision and they are the reason she has to suffer. If they told her about her family from childhood then she would have ignored only one person, Anwar but here she is broken from 3 of them who played with her emotions.

Her heartbeat raised more seeing Murtasim's gaze towards her, she noticed him staring at her even though her face is covered with a veil. She also stared at him. If the situation was different and her parents wouldn't cheat on her then she would have told Murtasim that he is looking handsome. He never looked so charming as he is looking today. When she realised her gaze and inner pain, she looked down as she felt tears streaming down her eyes

A wedding was the last thing she wanted in her life, she wanted to become a successful lawyer first and now every second she is celebrating her defeat. The people around her are enjoying her defeat happily.

Murtasim noticed her wiping her tears and felt very bad for her because he knows what she is going through and wanted to take her pain. This marriage is unwanted for both of them but at the same time, he wants to protect her from others and keep her happy. He doesn't know if he will be able to do that or not but he will try his best. He can't see her crying, which he realised a few days ago when she broke down in front of him. He couldn't handle her and his eyes still recall her devasted side. He has gone through this pain once and that's why he can understand what Meerab is going through