12. Haunted Haven.

We head to the elevator and Mor clicks on the uppermost floor, which surprises me.

"I'm staying on the top floor?"

"Yeah, colour me surprised. There are two separate suites, and the other one has been unoccupied since they built the building."

"Why am I living there, then? Is it haunted?" I joke.

"Maybe, the students only live from the fifth floor and below, the other three floors are non-student residents," Mor answers seriously making me pause.

The elevator doors finally open and Mor hands me Blue, motioning to the door on the right.

"Wait, you're not coming?"

All I get is a slight head shake.

"That's where you'll be staying, word of advice though, don't be snoopy, your neighbour, if he's really back, isn't exactly nice, though you are no ray of sunshine either. Maybe you'll get along just fine," with that she presses the button to close the elevator doors.

I head over to the door mulling over Mor's words, who was I shacking up with?

I fish my card out of my bag which takes a little effort before I give up and put Blue down. I open the door and Blue rushes in without a preamble.

The room is dark though it smelt clean, Blue is on the other side of the room pulling back the curtains and I head over to help only to have my breath taken away by the sight they were hiding.

The huge tree was a lot closer than it looked from outside and I could now sport tiny houses on its many branches, there even seemed to be roads on the thing. The place was bustling with activity and colours. The sun rays hit the tree from the side creating an eerie glow that made the sight even more stunning.

Turning, I survey the room more clearly. It was more spacious than I'd imagine a dorm room to be; on one wall were what I assumed to be built-in closets with a huge wall-to-ceiling mirror on the side.

On the other side was a door that led to the bathroom, thank fates I didn't have to share, that was a huge pet peeve for me.

The bed itself was a king, with grey and white covers. Instead of the usual nightstands, one side was pushed against the wall while the other had a desk that extended from the bed ending as a tall shelf I think was supposed to house books.

There was also a two-seater couch in the middle of the room facing the bed and an area rug around the bed and couch area. I glance at it thinking it would've to go because there was no why I was subjecting the gorgeous white rug to the tornado that was my son.

Overall, I really liked the room. The colour scheme was blue, grey and white just like my house back home and I realize this was what Dru meant when she said she'd know what I wanted.

"Wait a minute, shouldn't there be a crib for Blue?" I ask out loud.

"The mirror also acts as a door." Dru's voice comes out of nowhere, making me jump.

We head to the mirror and sure enough, there's a small button on the side, I press it and the door swivels anti-clockwise revealing a bright room.

Blue squeals rushing to the bed that was a lot bigger than a crib though it still had the rails. The plushies we had packed were arranged on the carpeted floor, with a lot more toys than we had come with.

Leaving Blue to his devices, I head back to the main room which smelled like lavender, a fragrance I also preferred making me feel at ease immediately.

My clothes are neatly arranged next to my school uniforms which I must admit are pretty cute; there was a mixture of red, white, black and plaid from pants to blazers and ties.

I haul another drawer open discovering underwear and more of the clingy suits folded on the side.

Next, I check out my shoes; next to my sneakers are ankle-length heeled and wedged boots, which are pretty badass, so I probably won't be complaining about having to wear heeled shoes.

The source of my happiness though is the music system off to the side. I hadn't carried a lot of speakers but I guess Dru knew that because there were a couple more speakers and now every corner of the room had one.

I immediately head over and hook my phone to the system clicking start on my favourite playlist.

First strings of Selena Gomez's Back to You fills the room and I collapse on the bed finally at ease only to jump back up immediately when something hard pokes my back.

"What the hell was that?" I exclaim rubbing the small of my back.

I feel around for the lump I felt and yank it out my jaw falling open as I see what just dug painfully into my back.

The door then slams open and I turn to see still clutching my assaulter and meet beautiful blue eyes that were twinkling with mirth.