57. Love Language.

I feel a heavy weight settle on my face the following day and I groan wishing I didn't have to wake up.

"Blue get off me, I can't breathe," I try to tell him my voice muffled by his weight.

He doesn't comply moving to shove a foot on my boob while trying to stand on my face. I love this kid but sometimes I want to yeet the little fucker far enough that he would still be flying by the time I deign to catch him.

I don't know what time I passed out last night, but with how I'm feeling, I bet it has only been two hours, give or take.

I open my eyes; which is an effort, just in time to avoid a headbutt from Blue, the kid was hard-headed, I mean that in every way possible.

I roll away from him, cursing inwardly at how hyper he was this early.

"Oomph!"

Miscalculated and toppled to the floor legs tangled up in the sheets.

"This is very entertaining, and sad at the same time."

That voice has me scrambling to my feet elation flowing in me.

"Rhys!" I exclaim eyeing the man sprawled on the love seat right in front of where my face had landed.

"You are...whole again."

I get a brow raise.

"I'm not awake enough to come up with the word," I mutter, waving away his answering scowl.

"Why are you here?"

He twists his head in a way that suggests his otherworldly nature and looks at me questioningly.

"Are you hurt?" he drawls, and fuck me is his voice glorious.

I look at him blankly, why would he ask that and ask it like that? Giving me butterflies and shit.

"Because you smacked your head really hard," he continues.

Maybe I'll get my brain working again, I muse.

"You'd need a harder hit than that." he drawls previous concern evaporating from his face as if I had imagined it.

"Get out of my head!"

"But it's such a fun place to be."

I go to retort when a knock sounds at my door, and before any of us can react, Ax breezes in looking fresh and awake in the Academy uniform.

"Great, you're awake, less of a hustle for me then," he turns to the door sticking his head out yelling, "She's awake guys."

The rest of the boys traipse in with no care in the world.

I turn towards Rhys only to find him gone, a frown mars my face and I turn back to my unwanted visitors finding Andrei staring at me intently.

I will not flush I will not!

"What do you guys want?" I ask stumbling to the bathroom.

"Today is your first day of class, I'm here to escort you and the rest are here to hang out with Blue," Andrei yells back at me.

I take a quick shower ignoring the urge to fill the tub and sink in there for hours.

Wrapping myself in a robe, I go still realising that I didn't bother to get clothes from the closets on the other side of the room.

Before I can panic though, Rhys materialises next to me clothes clutched in his arms looking smug.

He doesn't stay around disappearing the minute he hands me my clothes.

I make quick work of dressing marvelling at the fact that the outfit would have been what I'd have picked myself; my 'anti-mage' body suit, a skirt, a white blouse, combat boots and a black oversized hoodie with a TA emblem.

"You're welcome."

Pervert.

I don't bother thinking about why I was so blasé about the fact that he could have been in the room incorporeal, while I showered and dressed.

Moving back into the room, I ignore the ruckus and busy myself packing my bags with everything I needed for the day.

I turn back to survey everyone ready to leave only to find everyone staring at me with varying emotions on their faces.

"What?" I snarl, feeling self-conscious.

"Mama is pretty," Blue yells, way too awake for someone I left snoring.

The boys nod in agreement and unbidden my eyes find Andrei, he was the only one who still hadn't commented.

"The non-hobo style looks good on you."

Jerk! I rub my middle finger on my nose feeling strangely content.

Ax smacks the back of his head and he winces looking apologetic.

"Sorry princess snark is my lo...is my first language."

Was he about to say love language?

"I know," I finally reply.

I stumble as his face transforms, the most beautiful smile shining through.

Wow!

Chuckles and his smug smirk alert me to the fact that I said that out loud.

"Pack that thing away man, she needs her brains intact for class," Aziz jokes, this time I don't bother hiding flipping him off in plain view, except for Blue who was wrestling Rain on the floor, I wasn't stupid.

Ax claps his hands standing up, "Okay let's go."

I get an extra tight hug from Blue with a promise to be nice and follow Andrei and Ax out, only to almost walk into my brother's back when he stops abruptly.

"What's going on?" I ask craning my neck to see.

"I've come to escort you to your first class."

I know that voice, Keon!

He was back?

Pushing past Ax, I look up at him questioningly.

"Why?" Oh classic Mahi.

He goes to reply before Andrei interrupts an understanding look on his face, "We'll meet during the break," he says dragging Ax with him towards the elevator.

I'm jolted from my incredulous staring when Keon grabs my bag and slings it on his back offering his arm to me.

"Stop gawking we'll be late."

With that he grabs my hand and puts it through his turning towards the elevator where Andrei is furiously stabbing the close button.

What the hell was going on? I wonder watching the doors finally close.