46. Knight in Flaming Armour.

Gawking at the scene in front of us, I don't register anyone close to me until they grab my arms and I'm thrown onto a shoulder.

"Hey! What the..." I glance around.

"Killian?"

"Wait the sword... where did it go?"

"Stop fidgeting. We need to leave, that distraction will not last long." Killian barks tightening his hold.

I turn or try to turn towards the fireball that was putting the Bright Knights on their asses; the princes included.

"What or who exactly is that distraction?"

"Keon, now shut up, I need to... shit!"

"What... what is it?" I ask when Killian cuts off with a curse.

"Going somewhere pretty boy?"

That voice has me turning so fast I almost fall off Killian's shoulder. How the hell did he get in front of us? I just saw him engulfed in fire a moment ago.

"Cain," Killian drawls nonchalant as ever, "What can I say? Places to be people to kill, now if you'll excuse us..."

"Not so fast," Cain counters, "Leave her here and you can be on your way."

"Now that's a little difficult, see; she's the reason I'm here, leaving her sort of defeats the purpose of coming all the way here."

"She's a fugitive of the law, that means she's mine."

At that I scoff, "In your dreams asshole," Cain visibly bristles and a smack lands firmly on my ass, "Be nice pipsqueak."

This man just spanked me, holding my tongue I wriggle till he sets me down my back to his front. His hands remain around me pulling me closer.

What is happening right now?

Even Cain appears baffled by the turn of events.

"Uhm, Killian?"

"Hmmmh," he answers nuzzling my neck

Holy shivers, what was this man doing?

"Whatever you're doing, now is so not the time." I say out loud trying to mask how flustered I was getting.

"No, it's perfect," he answers head still buried in my neck.

"Now this is entertaining."

"Shut up!" I growl at the annoying ghost.

Cain's face scrunches further.

Killian mutters something under his breath and yanks me even closer, grinding into me.

I swallow a gasp as heat unfurls in my lower half, and my legs crumple, but the tight grip he has on me doesn't let me get to the ground.

Head back in my neck, he nips at my pulse still grinding into me and I almost explode... almost.

Fuck!

Now I'm soaked.

I glance up at Cain who was watching unabashedly, and I see his nose twitch before he takes a deep breath and his eyes turn heated.

Did he just sniff... me?

Mortified, I renew my efforts to break away from Killian when I kid you not, a growl comes from behind us.

"Finally!" Killian exclaims jumping away from me, "I thought I'd have to make her scream to get your psycho ass to focus."

What? That was all just for show?