58. Snarly with The Scales.

KEON.

I fight a laugh staring at the look on her face, I doubt that would be very welcome, but it wasn't my fault she had such an expressive face sometimes.

After the wake-up call, from Khalil last night, I had decided to make my intentions known, despite the fact that she could have multiple mates.

Seeing her seemed to have calmed down my dragon because he was less grumbly and more rumbly if you get my gist. After her escapades with the boy in the amphitheatre, he had been on a warpath only calming down after hours of sparring with Rhys and Khalil, and the assurance that he could still have a chance with his mate.

Mate.

I was still reeling over the fact that I got one.

I lived a secluded life, because of the disdain my dragon had for everyone bar my brothers and music, especially the females. It had turned me into a surly fuck and had been the root of all the ridiculous rumours surrounding me.

It wasn't, my fault the big oaf was picky as hell, even with food, but finally, finally, we all agreed on one person.

I glance at the person in question, she's staring intently at the doors willing them to open as the elevator crawled its way down.

I was certain Dru was doing it on purpose and it made me satisfied to see so many people in my corner. Andrei had me pleasantly surprised at his willingness to accept that his mate could have other chosen males.

"I can't do this, what do you want!"

Her yell jolts me from my musings to find I was still staring at her, nice one you creep.

Then her question registers and I blurt out on autopilot, "You!"

Smooth

Shut up you could at least help, I haven't done this before.

And I have?

My answer clearly shocked her but before she could answer the doors open and we file out and proceed to walk out of the building in tense silence.

We are almost in the tuition blocks when she speaks.

"Why?"

"Ah...because you're mine," I start and the dragon sighs, Oh Ye of little faith, " and I'm yours if you'd have me."

She has completely stopped now staring at me eyes wide mouth ajar.

Then she resumes walking towards her class and I follow behind heart falling.

When we get to the door, she stops again turning to me her hands outstretched.

I hand over the bag feeling dejected which is a very foreign feeling.

"Do you know that Andrei is also my mate?"

"Yes, I was there when you almost bonded," the last words I almost growl out, the dragon coming to the surface.

Her face flushes at my reminder but she continues, "And you are okay with that?"

"I'll take you any way I can get you,"

Oh fates!

Ignoring him I continue, "What I mean is yes, I'm okay with that, the more the merrier," I add in a gruff tone.

She looks sceptical, "But you don't even know me."

Neither does the boy.

"All in due time, we won't rush things, and what I know I already like." I answer ignoring the dragon's grumble.