60. A White Lie.

"There you are."

I look up from where I was lying on the floor playing with Blue and Aid.

"Ax? What are you doing here?"

"Keon told me you were hiding, then Dru sold you out. So now I've come to get you for class, you missed lunch."

"What?" Blue and I shout in horror simultaneously.

I'm on my feet dragging Blue up with me as we hassle it out of the library and down to the cafeteria.

We burst past the door Blue hanging on my back, only to freeze at the now silent cafeteria, crap!

Everyone was here and they were all staring at us.

"Food."

Blue's firm words jolt me and I ignore the stares moving swiftly towards our seats from before. They had a stellar view of the quad outside and were also a bit hidden, well, as hidden as they could be in this open plan space.

Still ignoring the silence, I hurry and order enough food for Blue and me then we settle to wait. About two minutes after we burst in Axel and the pixies join us, Ax shaking his head in amusement.

"Drac, I've never seen you move that fast."

You lied," I scowl up at him Blue joining me, "You said lunch was over."

"Got you out of there, didn't it?" the asshole answers proud of himself.

"Axy," Blue says still staring at a now-seated Ax.

"Yes, little man,"

"Don't joke about food, mama hates it and I do too."

The man has the grace to act ashamed though I could still see the humour dancing in his eyes, "Got it, I'm sorry Blue next time I'll find another incentive to get your mama away from hiding."

"Good," Blue says with a regal nod so identical to Rhys' I pause gaping.

But before I can think on it further, Aid interrupts, his mates balancing on his shoulders, "Please excuse us highness," he continues before I get a chance to object to the use of a title, "We would like to head home for lunch and a well-deserved afternoon nap, that boy is a lot of work, Her Majesty will be here for him later."

I nod and Ax says something but I'm distracted by the arrival of our food, and miss them leaving.

I settle Blue next to me in the booth and hand him his food, then we both dive in without any preamble.

The bread melts in my mouth and I let out a satisfied sigh. I alternate between helping Blue with his food and stuffing my own face. By the time we both lean back satisfied I want a nap too.

"That," Ax says cutting up his steak the epitome of grace and etiquette, "Never ceases to surprise me."

"That was disgusting do you have no sense of decorum?"

I let out a tired sigh at the new voice, does she not get tired?

I don't get a chance to retort as she rounds the booth so that she's standing in front of me and behind Ax when her whole face is engulfed by blue flames.

She lets out a scream swatting at her face but the flames are gone as fast as they started.

It takes me a moment but when I get a good look at her face, I almost lose it. Her eyebrows and lashes were gone, scorched off her face, and her hairline was pushed a few inches back. You could see where the fire had touched.

She must see my constipated face as I try hard not to laugh in her face, "What? What did you do to me you bitch!"

The fire comes back and when it dissipates again her hairline is further back almost to the middle of her head.