28. Ice Princess.

"You act like you have a choice in the matter," the big man who was slowly becoming unattractive says.

"Of course, I have a choice. This isn't the Middle Ages," I answer incredulously, looking around.

"They won't help you, technically they sold you to me," Hulk supplies.

"They don't own me," I retort.

"Says who," He counters sounding amused.

"Says me, My word! Are we really having this argument?"

Taking a deep breath, I continue," Look here mage man, no offence, but you are not exactly my type."

"It's King Darian and as I said, it doesn't matter," practically dismissing me the man turns to the boys behind me.

"Escort her to her new chambers and you get your prize."

"The deal was to bring her here old man, so, where is she?" Cain pipes up angrily.

Who?

"Get my future mate to her new home and you get your sister."

Ah! They sold me out for their sister, understandable, but still not right.

Cain roughly grabs me projecting his anger as he turns me towards the door, the rest follow behind us the cafeteria hum going back to normal once the king and his entourage go poof.

"Cain, I know you are mad, but you don't have to treat her like that," says the new guy.

"Shut it Braedyn."

I just scoff and waddle along on the stupid heels.

About five minutes later, Jain speaks up, "Cain, let her go, she's not even resisting. You are seriously hurting her."

"Yes Cain, don't want your daddy's mate to be scarred, got to deliver the goods in perfect condition hmm," I add.

"Mahina..."

I turn to Ryder, everything I was feeling projecting on my face, he flinches and turns away with a sigh. His betrayal stung the most, he was in no position to act concerned now.

"Brother, at least let her take the heels off," says Dain.

Cain stops with a huff and pushes me onto one of the many benches lining the hallway, Braedyn... I think, is the one who peels my heels off.

"Why is she like that?" he asks throwing the heels away and I could almost kiss him, whoever made those death-traps was a man, I'd bet on it.

"Yeah, I was expecting maybe a fight or at least a brief resistance, some of the fire from before," Dain says.

"Maybe it's finally getting into her dumb head that she really has no choice." Cain ever the asshole says.

"No, I've seen this before, she shuts down like this when she's furious or hurt or generally emotional, she won't yell at you, just ices you out, planning your murder," Ryder supplies.

"Well ice princess, none of that would help you now, let's go," Cain mocks.

"Here, I'll take her," someone grabs me from Cain's hold not sure who and we resume walking, this time the hands on me gentle.

We get to the end of the hallway and turn right, once we walk out the door, I realise that we were outside, the bright sun making me wince as my eyes adjust.

Walking across what appears to be a courtyard, we head behind another beautiful building, but what was behind it makes it pale in comparison.

Nestled between trees that spun from one side to the other in an arc, there's only one word to describe the building; majestic.

Must be the royal residence, we head inside ignoring the horde of uniformed fae who I later realise are servants. They are all Elven, with a select few being pixies and brownies, I could tell because of the wings, Arieen would be proud.

Come to think of it, I had only seen elves so far, no other fae, weird.

We head upstairs and turn right again to meet a pair of ornate doors which swing open, revealing a tastefully decorated room in varying shades of purple, would have liked it if it wasn't supposed to be my cage.

Ryder; turns out he had been the one holding me, pulls me towards a beautiful lilac love seat at the foot of the bed and I fight hard not to collapse onto it, the weight of the situation combined with the tottering I had done on the heels was finally getting to me.

Giving up, I sink into the seat, no grace whatsoever but who cared at this point, certainly not me.

The guys take up positions around the room, standing as if waiting for something.

"I knew that man couldn't be trusted," Cain grumbles, pacing.

"Relax man, he got what he wanted, she'll be here."

"Wow, I'm a 'what' now."

Cain turns to me something dangerous flashing in his eyes, "You be quiet woman!"

"Oh wow, they sure named you right," I murmur dryly.

A scoff comes from Ryder while the other princes exchange amused glances.

"Explain yourself,"

"I'm sorry your dickness, commands don't work on me... ever... well maybe in bed, which will never happen."

"Well, that's a relief," a new voice drawls from the bed, behind me.