27. An Unwilling Royal.

The noise is the first thing that assaults me, as we walk out, then the sunlight and heat which comes in a wave and for a moment it is very welcome. Trying to hold it together in there once my bodysuit was off wasn't easy but it sure as hell surpassed having to explain why I was shivering with the weather around this place.

We walk through what appears to be a hallway, with walls on either side but no roof.

Blue would have loved this place, the weather, playing...

No! Mahina, we are not doing this now. You were holding it together just fine. Your baby is safe and in a better place than you are right now if Nyx is to be believed.

I had been trying to keep Knox out of my head one, for fear one of these people was a mind reader and could pick up on it. It didn't seem like a good idea to let them know, and two, I wasn't sure I could keep it together, thank fates for Nyx and his entertaining monologue.

He pulls me out of my thoughts when we get to the end of the seemingly endless hallway, "Chin up, little one, we are here, no weaknesses, we capitalize on those," he punctuates this with a tiny bite that has me biting down on my tongue to contain my yelp.

I was going to pluck his beautiful scales one by one while he screeched to the heavens.

I do as he asked though, as I walk into the room prepared to see lots of people and activity, judging from the steady hum of conversation you could hear from outside.

Nothing in this world and all alternate realms could have prepared me for what happens next.

"Jaya!" the human, well...mage tornado heading towards me yells.

I watch fascinated, almost in slow motion as he jumps over several tables and diving towards me, closing my eyes, I brace for impact only for a deafening silence to envelope me.

It was that bad? Did I pass out? If that fucker had killed me, I was going to haunt him for eternity.

"You've got to stop making threats with your eyes closed princess, it lessens the impact," drawls Cain.

Relaxing my eyelids at his words, I turn towards his voice, intent on giving him a few words.

"Well, fuck me sideways, am I floating, or did he knock a few screws loose?"

"Tempting offer, but you levitated on your own to avoid his heavy ass, good thing too or we would be scraping you off the floor right now," says Jain grinning up at me.

"OK, how do I get down?" as soon as I think about It my fat ass drops like an anchor.

"A simple answer would have sufficed," I grumble looking up as I pick myself up rather disgracefully.

"Mahi girl we've got to work on your first impressions," I mutter under my breath.

Looking around, I realize that the room was in fact a cafeteria. Most of the students, judging from their overly bright blue and white uniforms, go back to their business except for a handful who are closer to us.