54. Mates?

Everything happens so fast after Mama and Nona Ellie follow them inside.

I'm still kind of high when my mum and Nona Ellie rush me out of the gym slash amphitheatre where we were supposed to be teaching me ballroom dancing. I did learn though it wasn't the only thing I had gained that day.

I don't even see all the students gathered outside, though I catch Aarya's smirk and the fist she throws up; maybe in solidarity before Nona snatches her too, herding us towards the black house.

I'm hustled into the room and the door slams shut as everyone tries hard to stare at anything but me. The tension breaks moments later when a knock sounds at my door.

Mama opens the door to usher in Mor with Blue in her arms, "Anyone wants to tell me, why I got called back to the academy and Killian going off muttering about preventing a murder?"

I ignore her spreading my arms out for Blue who goes into my arms oblivious to the tension brewing in the rooms.

"We should ..."

"Was it good?"

Mama and Nona Ellie say at the same time, making me choke whilst trying to give Blue raspberries.

"Selene!" Nona admonishes.

"What? we are all curious." Mama answers undeterred.

"Ok, what the hell happened in the few hours we've been gone?" Mor asks moving to sit next to me on the bed.

Aarya on the other hand lounges back in the love seat looking like all she needed was popcorn for her day to be made.

"Nothing happened, we were just dancing and then..." I start defensively before I'm cut off.

"Oh, you were dancing alright." Aarya the traitor mutters from her spot.

"Either way," Nona Ellie my new favourite interrupts, "We cannot do this right now, one because the ceremony is tomorrow and we still haven't gone through what happens there and two, the colourful boy over there."

"Ok, now I'm intrigued."

"Shut it Morrigan," I mutter eyes still glued on Blue, if I couldn't see them, they weren't here. Yeah, my brain cells were still fried.

"Oh, don't worry Lady Mor, just walk out of here and ask the first mage you meet and they'll tell you what happened."

"Aarya," Nona Ellie threatens, rubbing her forehead.

"Sorry, sire."

What Aarya had just told Mor, reverberates through my mind. Kill me now, everyone knew what had happened in that room, including both sets of parents. What had possessed me to do that, in such an exposed space? What would happen now? I hope they don't kill him though, Papa looked positively murderous flying into that room.