66. Beautiful Rapture.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have done, that. The man wanted to taste me when we first met. I had been feeling him growing against my stomach the whole time, but we had both chosen to ignore it. Everyone knows better than to tease a sleeping lion.

But the intimate subdued environment was making me panic, so in true Mahina fashion, I poked the lion.

"My affection is making you uncomfortable?" he asks managing to sound vulnerable and I feel his arms loosening around me.

What! That's what he got from that, I didn't m... I cut off my inner panic when the body I'm lying on starts vibrating.

"Are you laughing?" I ask incredulously, "You mind-reading ass I thought I hurt your feelings!" I yell smacking his chest.

His hands snap up really fast grabbing mine and holding them close to his chest, not that I was complaining, it was a magnificent chest, so much that I wish he didn't have a shirt on.

"Why thank you, I'm glad my mate finds my body attractive."

"Why do my wards not work on you?"

"Because I'm yours, and you're mine."

Oh dear heavens, how does he say such shit so freely?

"Because I mean them."

"Stop reading my mind!"

"Okay."

Oh, it was that easy?

"No."

Giving up, I try to change the topic, "How old are you?" I ask laying my head back on the magnificent chest.

"As old as faery."

My head shoots up, "Really?"

"No," he says with a laugh, "Just few hundred years, but in more human parameters, I'd say mid-forties?"

"Well, I already knew they'd be an age gap, you guys give ancient vibes. Andrei is the only one close to my age, he's two years older than me."

"No he's not," Rhian says with a scoff.

"What do you mean?"

He sits up cradling me on his lap, the hounds had disappeared minutes earlier to fates knew where.

"How old do you think you are?"

"I'm turning twenty-one this Saturday."

"No, you're not."

"Is this one of your jokes?"

"No, you're not turning twenty-one, you're turning 25."

"How would you know?"

"I asked your mother."

"Wha...when...what do you mean you asked my mother, you just talk to her?"

"When I came back, from not killing you, I confronted her after Rhysand passed out about why she was doing that to an innocent child. She said you weren't a child and technically you were an adult by human standards and the extra two years she let you stay were a favour."

"Adult? That's eighteen so plus two years... that makes me twenty when I woke up with no memory of myself?"

"Yeah, I'm guessing she threw you out before you had a chance to ascend."

"So I had spent around two years in the streets before I got pregnant?"

"Yes, you are still small for your age and that must have been misleading."

"And now Blue is three years old so add that, oh fates, I am turning twenty-five, wait this means I'm also older than Ax...score!"

He chuckles moving back to lie down and dragging me with him again, "I thought you'd be more emotional."