18. Lesser Evils.

We spend the rest of Sunday morning and the better part of the afternoon in my room ...studying...ugh! The only silver lining was the realisation that we could get room service. Dru and Ax had clearly been holding out on me.

Enid and Aodhàn take care of Blue, giving him basic lessons for children his age, which was not much admittedly. They give Arieen the task of getting me up to speed with all things Faery and she almost gives me a heart attack when she demonstrates the fact that pixies could shift to regular sizes.

We had started off at a truce since it had been a tad bit embarrassing to yell at someone who's head was at the same level of your waist, but after she grew, literally, we were bickering so much that she had to change places with Enid.

I still manage to learn a handful of important facts, like the fact that Mage is used to classify everyone; the fae, the shifters, and the daemon.

The fae includes; elves- the human-looking ones, pixies, and nymphs- which I learn is a fae version of a succubus and let's just say I'm glad I didn't know the exact details before as it would have made things a tad bit awkward at home. And finally, the Merfolk; mermaids, and mermen. These were the major classifications of the fae.

The shifters ranged from dragons to bobcats and I'm cautioned though tiny they were quite feisty and well-feared.

The daemons; the last class of Mage includes what most humans refer to as vampires and Nephilim in the mix, well those who sought refuge in Faery that is.

"OK, let's learn about the shadow and light mages," Enid says after quizzing me on the categories of Mages.

"Please no more, I can't take it, my brain is about to blow," I whine.

"Then you must have a tiny one, you didn't learn that much," snickers Arieen from where they are lounging with Blue, watching Trolls on my laptop.

Ignoring her, I turn pleading eyes on Enid, and she finally takes pity on me, and closes the mage "bible" she was holding, I'm embarrassed to admit that I hadn't even make it ten pages in.

                                                                                      *******

"If I had any idea that this is what you meant when you suggested a break, I would have gladly let Enid carry on with her lesson," I say turning to scowl at Axel.

We are standing at the entrance of the colosseum with him trying, unsuccessfully might I add to get me to go in.

He had barged into my room demanding my company mere seconds after Enid had closed her book, and it had been a very welcome intrusion, now? Not so much.

Nona Ellie's entrance minutes later had solidified my decision to get the hell out confident in leaving Blue with someone he's used to.

Nona even said they would go to her place and give me some privacy in case I brought anyone back... as if.

The entire school is inside the gigantic building for a party organized by the Arts Students Association, code for the dance teams decided to hold an unofficial competition and everyone else was there to laugh at the losers and binge on free liquor, at least that was Ax's description when I asked what exactly was the occasion.

As much fun as a magical dance-off with equally magical booze around is promising to be, I was having second thoughts about heading in. The students I had met so far didn't really seem like the welcoming type, and what's more discouraging is that most of them were dancers or associated with them.

"You have to come in to support me."

"Please boy, self-assurance is oozing off you and from what I've seen so far you are a people magnet, my support is nothing much."

"You don't have to stay the whole time, just come watch the dances, have a drink, make friends?"

"I think I've made enough for now, and no offence, but your crowd is kind of..."

"Mean, snobbish assholes?"

"Right."

"Well, they are really nice when..."

"I get to know them? Yeah right," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Just give it a chance, my group is performing first since we can't take part in the competition, we can leave right after."

"Why can't you guys compete?"

"Rules of the creators, it would really look bad if a bunch of non-art students swept all the prizes now, wouldn't it?"

"Good point, so this is just fun for you guys?"

"Yeah, and them trying to suck up to us told you we were the IT crowd."

"Don't say that," I mutter with a cringe.