Chapter Eight A Sack of Potatoes

"Reward for completing quest: Babies First Step. You now have access to the quest menu, skill menu, item quick select and mini map." Network says in Ke'an's head.

Ke'an looks over to System with a concerned look on his face. She can tell something is wrong and she sighs knowing it means she won't be able to rest like she wanted.

"What is it?" System asks.

"Quest menu." Ke'an says.

The quest menu opens in Ke'an's vision.

Active Quest's

(1/1) Christened in Blood and Ice

Administrators must prove their resolve in the face of overwhelming odds and turn misfortune into opportunity to grow.

Kill four greater snow wraiths (0/4)

Kill unknown boss creature (0/1)

Save Kal'sava village

Reward for completion:

5 transcendent experience points

5 health potions

5 mana potions

This is a main quest failure to complete this quest will result in demotion.

Destruction of Kal'sava 0.00%

Completed Quests

(1/1) Babies first steps

Welcome to life you are a newborn transcendent. It is time to learn the basics!

Breath (optional) complete

Walk forward complete

Walk Backward complete

Jump complete

Look around complete

Open Character Profile complete

Assign your first attribute point complet

Open Inventory complete

Place something in your inventory complete

Take something out of your inventory complete

Use one Administrator skill complete

Reward for completion

Quest Menu, Skill Menu, Item Quick Select and Minimap

"You got a quest menu now?" System says with a deep breath.

"Yes." Ke'an says.

Ke'an reads out the details of the quest to System and she simply shakes her head. Telling Ke'an she won't be able to help in a fight until she reaches at least level ten. She also tells him that if they don't complete the quest, demotion from Apprentice Administrator would turn him into a fallen like her meaning that the world be deleted.

"Killing one greater snow wraith would be impossible for a single person! Those things have been known to take out entire teams of monster hunters. No one has even seen one for hundreds of years."

"Yeah, when I was the Administrator I noticed that they were causing too much havoc so I reduced their numbers." System says. "Honestly I don't think this is a fair combat test for you especially for only five transcendent experiences, that is highway robbery. I wonder if the Network based the combat level off of the fact you killed me..."

"So what do we do?" Ke'an asks as he stares at the quest. "My people are not heroes, we are assassins and thieves this is just suicide."

"Hmm... with your new stats you can probably take them out but we need to see what skills you have." System says after some contemplation. "Those things are high level creatures." She smiles as she comes up with a plan. "This could actually be good. You can help me power level!"