Chapter 11 Usurper

System and Ke'an land in the snow beside the massive corpse. System on top of Ke'an who took the brunt of the fall. She yells a few expletives as she shoves her hand into the snow mound beside them. She then lets out a sigh with a slight moan as she lays back down on Ke'an's chest winded and tired.

"We did it!" Ke'an yells with which a laugh follows soon after.

"We stopped two of them." System responds as she closes her eyes. "There are still three more and the boss."

"I don't see them on the minimap." Ke'an says. "Maybe we scared the others off."

System yawns deeply as she shakes the melting snow off of her hand. "This must be a raid type quest. We will probably have a few hours before the next wave. Check your quest menu for any updates."

Ke'an opens his quest menu and looks at the active quest.

Active Quests

(1/1) Christened in Blood and Ice

Administrators must prove their resolve in the face of overwhelming odds and turn adversity into opportunity to grow. This fun quest the exciting start of your journey as a trainee here at Infinity Inc. The basic combat tutorial is designed to be a fun interactive and engaging inaugural step in your new mortal body.

(Update): You have survived wave (1/2) you have 11h and 59m until the next wave.

Kill four greater snow wraiths (2/4)

Kill unknown boss creature (0/1)

Save Kal'sava village

Reward for completion:

5 transcendent experience points

5 health potions

5 mana potions

This is a main quest failure to complete this quest will result in demotion.

Destruction of Kal'sava 4.72%

As he finishes reading through the quest he hears System snoring on his chest. He looks down and sees her asleep. He lifts the hood of the bear cloak to keep her warm and slowly sits-up holding her gently in his arms. He thinks that it is fair that she gets to fall asleep on him once since he used to sleep on her when she was a dragon all of the time. While she is asleep Ke'an takes the opportunity to find out what level she is. He extends his Administrator Authority to her body.

Apprentice Administrator Reality Editor

You have selected System Lock (Level 7). You meet the requirement to edit this item however, edits to individuals can be resisted if their level exceeds yours. How would you like to edit this item? You are an Apprentice Administrator your choices are limited to the following:

Wake up

Alter physical body

Alter soul

Infuse with magic

Ke'an dismisses the window without using the editor on her. He is surprised that killing two greater wraiths was not enough to push her over level ten. The sleep she is in is not a normal rest but instead what happens when someone overuses their magic. While the body recuperates its lost lifeforce it will put the mind to sleep. She won't wake up until her lifeforce recovers on its own.

The remaining farmers slowly come out from their cover; the once twenty-four defenders whittled down to fourteen in the fight. Manny is the first of them to confirm the deaths of both monsters as the other farmers go to find family and friends. The celebration of victory tainted with the deaths of friends that died in the fight.