Chapter 10

Ash POV

Jade and i arrived in Craklenorth city. It was a pretty big city wich gained a lot of money with selling fish from a nearby lake. Jade had told me that you even needed to pay the city if you wanted to fish there. 

well, it doesn't matter that  much. I mean i already have Vaporeon so i didn't need another water type pokemon anyway.

during the rest of our journey to the city not a lot of things happened. jade and i had a fun time traveling and watching the beautifull region. we also traveled through route 7. Nothing really special had happened there. 

 Which i am worried about right now is my next gym battle. When i searched the type of the gym i learned that it was a fire type gym. And my current team is actually pretty weak to fire typer right know. 

i decided on a strategy i would use during the gym battle. We had decided that we would go to the gyml without first stopping at the pokemon center. They had said that they had been in perfect health to battle. 

we walked towards the building with the gym sign on the roof and entered. We looked around and saw that the field was a normal rock field. I Smiled at that. I hadn't expected anything else than that. I mean if there was a vulcano in the region the fire tyupe gym would have been there. But since there isn't a vulcano it is here. I was happy that it would we a normal battle field. 

When i looked around i saw a woman who looked to be around her late twenties  looking at us. she walked to us and smiled. 

cindy: My name is Cindy. I am the fire type gym leader and the mayor of this village. I hope to have a good battle with you Ash Ketchum. I mean the gym leaders you already chalenged speak highly of you. 

i nod at her and she smiled. 

cindy: then let's start this battle! 

she walks to the far side of the field and takes out a pokeball. She throws it and a charmeleon appeared. I walked to my own bow and took Floragato's pokeball. My plan was to change floragato's type and so deal a lot of damage. 

i threw the pokeball and floragato took a fightning position in. one of cindy's eye's went up in suprsise at my choise but i didn't budge.

cindy: well this will be easy! use ember and take out that floragato!

Ash: counter it with sucker punch!

floragato chanched her into the dark and slammed herself into the charmeleon before it was able to fire the ember. Cindy however was quick to counter. 

Cindy: use fire fang now that it is close range!

before floragato could dodge was she bitten by charmeleon's fire fang. she was clearly in pain but stood back up and maked sure that there was distance between them. she looked back at me and nodded as a sign she was able to continue. i nodded back at her.

Ash: floragato use acrobatics and after that use aeriel ace!

floragato jumped through the air with acrobatics and did some tricks before hitting charmeleon hard. Before the charmeleon was fully able to counter it was hit with aeriel ace. After struggling for a few times it was able to stand back up. 

cindy: use dragon breath! then follow it up with slash. 

charmeleon fired a steam of draconic energy at floragato. floragato jumped into the air to dodge but her leg was hit and she fell down. When she stood back charmeleon stood in front of her and shalshed her face.

Cindy: use another slash attack to end it!

Ash: use copy cat!

both pokemon used slash and where able to hit the other one in the face. Soon both of them fell down. I walked forward and helped floragato sitting. 

Ash: thank you for your efforts floragato. You did wel.

i returned her and when i looked up i saw that Cindy had done the same thing as well. she took a other pokeball in her hand ans smirked at me. I smirked right back at her. This fight was far from over. she threw the pokeball and a growlithe appeared. I took pawmots pokeball and threw it. 

Ash: this time we will attack first! use tera blast!

pawmot fired the powerfull move at the growlithe. It was unable to dodge. i saw cindy looking at me with narrowed eyes. 

Cindy: growlithe use agility! then flame wheel!

growlithe used agility and after charched forward with the intention of doing some heavy damage. 

Ash: use arm thrust to counter! then end it with wild charge!

when growlithe was before pawmot pawmot used arl thrust and threw growlithe back towards Cindy. Then she surrounder herself with electricity and ran forward. The growlithe who didn't expect another attack was hit hitted head on. 

Cindy returned her pokemon after mumbling a few words of thanks. Then she took a ultra ball from her pocket and threw it. a strong looking magmar appeared. 

Cindy: use flamethrower! 

magmar fired a flamethrower right at pawmot. Pawmot was unable to dodge because of the power and speed of the attack. pawmot stood back up and glared at the magmar. 

Ash: pawmot use another wild charge!

cindy: counter with flare blitz!

both pokemon clashed and pawmot flew through the air before laying still on the ground. I returned her after a few words of thanks. I threw vaporeon's pokeball and he gave me a confident smirk. i smiled back. 

Ash: it is already damaged! this will be easy! use chilling water and then swift! 

vaporeon fired the ice cold water at the magmar and since it was super effictive it did a lot of damage. Before it was able to stand back up fired vaporeon the stars in its face. It was clearly very weak. One more attack and it would be unable to continue. 

Ash: vaporeon let's end this with water pulse. 

Cindy: magmar use flamethrower!

the two moves conected and created a smokescreen. When the smoke was gone was magmar laying on the ground and vaporeon just standing there. Cindy returned the pokemon and walked up to me. I had returned vaporeon as well since he had been tired from the battle. 

Cindy: you deserve this batch! you where one of the best oponents i have ever faced, alongside Jade of course. 

Ash: that may be through, i still have a long way to go. 

she smiled but didn't say anything. 

Jade and i walked towards the pokemon center after we left the gym. We where planning on resting there until the mornig before leaving again. 

Ash's pokemon

Floragato is level 31 and has the ability Protean. She knows the moves Leafage, scratch, Tail Whip, Petal Blizard, Sucker Punch, copy cat, Leech seed, Bite, Hone Claws, Magical leaf, Quick attack, seed bomb, take down, acrobatics, aeriel ace, u-turn, worry seed.

scyther is level 30 and has the technician ability. He nows the moves Leer, Quick attack, Fury cutter, False Swipe, Wing attack, double team, double hit, sword dance, brick break, slash, focus energy.

Vaporeon is level 31 and has the Hydration ability. he knows the moves Baton pass, Bite, Charm, copycat, Covet, Double edge, growl, Helping hand, swift, Tackle, Tail whip, Take Down, Sand attack, Quick Attack, Baby-doll eyes, detect, water gun, Haze, rain dance, icy wind, chilling water, water pulse, aurora beam.

Pawmot is level 28 and has the volt absorb ability. She knows the moves Growl, scratch, wild charge, Thunder shock, quick attack, Charge, Nuzzle, Dig, Bite, Revival blessing, Tera blast, spark, arm thrust.

Jade's pokemon

salamence is level 60 and has the moxie ability.

Xatu is level 60 and has magic bounce ability.

Arcanine is lv 60 and has Intimidate ability

ursaring is level 33 and has the quick feat ability