SHAH FAMILY-2♡

"Devika, where are you?" Srishti called out as she entered the house, and a sweet child's voice was heard in response

"Bua," Devika, Srishti's niece, replied. Since she was still a child, her voice had a slight lisp, which sounded incredibly cute. "Devu, come here. I have sweets for you," Srishti said, taking Devika onto her lap.

"Me? Are these sweets for me? Then I'll eat them," Devika grinned cutely while saying this, making Srishti chuckle. "Devu, today we're at home. Will you play with me, Devu?" Srishti pouted, and Devika chuckled and said, "Let's go, Bua. Today, this whole home is our kingdom!" Devika said, placing both hands on her hips, which made Srishti chuckle.

Then they heard a voice calling out, "Devika, you haven't even finished your breakfast. First, come here and have it," kritika, Srishti's sister-in-law, said.

"Bua, let's eat first," Devika said. "Devu, I'm fasting today, so you go and finish your food," Srishti said in a baby voice. In response, Devika nodded and went back to finish her breakfast, while Srishti returned to her room to complete her assignment for her upcoming presentation.

Shah Residence, in the evening, Banaras

After completing her assignment, Srishti continued playing with Devika.

"Devu, enough play for today. Even Bua is tired," Dev, Srishti's brother, said as he picked Devika up in his arms. "Bhai, I'm not tired, and look, this puzzle is almost finished," Srishti pouted while saying, which made Dev laugh. "Bacha, have some rest. You've been fasting for the last 16 to 18 hours," he said, making her stand and leading her to the kitchen, holding her hand with his left hand while carrying Devika with the other.

"Here, drink this," he offered her juice, which she happily drank. "Papa, me too! I also want to drink juice just like Bua," Devika said, which made both of them chuckle.

"So, the trio is here, and here I was searching for you all in the whole house," kritika said as she entered the kitchen.

"We were just enjoying our special trio time," Dev said, which made kritika raise her eyebrow. "Without me? I also want to know what you were talking about," kritika said with a fake sad face.

"Oh, Mumma, if we had called you, then who would call us the trio?" Devika said with a pout.

"Haha, my Devu, I'm not ruining your trio group army. Okay, now, Mom and Dad are calling you all," kritika said with a chuckle.

author pov

As they all entered the drawing room, they saw both of their parents sitting on a sofa and watching TV.

"Saru, did you have something?" her dad asked. Srishti hugged her dad while sitting down. "It's okay, Dad. It's just a fast, not a big deal. And you know I've been keeping this fast for the past 8 years," she said.

"Yeah, we know," he said, touching her head affectionately with his hand.

"Oh, Papa, I'm okay. First, tell me, did something happen?" Srishti asked, letting go of the hug.

"Yes, your Aunt Suman has invited us to her younger son's wedding," her mother said with a small smile, which made Srishti confused. "What mood swing is this?" she thought.

"Krish's bhai wedding?" Srishti asked with a hint of doubt in her voice. "Yes, your Krish's bhai wedding. Now that you're not getting married, so you think nobody else will?" her mother said in a mocking tone. She was familiar with Krish since they had played together as children, and sarika had been attending boarding school since the fifth grade, so she couldn't recognize her at the moment.

"Mumma, you know I already have my precious handsome prince charming," before she could say anything further, her brother interrupted, "Yeah, yeah, we all know about your dream prince charming whom you've never even seen till today," Dev said with a grin.

"Papa, don't tease my Bua," Devika said, hugging her Bua, and Srishti playfully stuck her tongue out at her brother, making everyone laugh.

After a little more talk and having their dinner, they all went to their respective rooms.

SRISHTI pov

as she was so tired and she had to wake early tomorrow, so she sleep earlier today. earlier than her original bedtime.

she didn't even have a guess that something is about to happen that might change her life. Coincidence had begun to manifest somewhere; perhaps this was Mahadev's wish. or someone else plans?

---------------------♡-------------------

so we have a new update here
Update schedule- Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday

do like and comment.

I know the chapter is a little short

"maybe because good things take time"♡

- aein