MEHNDI AND SANGEET-18♡

The evening was slowly giving way to darkness, as the preparations for the sangeet function were in full swing

The evening was slowly giving way to darkness, as the preparations for the sangeet function were in full swing. Both the bride and groom side were competing with each other to put on the best show possible. The groom's side had hired a famous choreographer, while the bride's side had their own team of professional dancers.

There were playful taunts and teasing between the two sides, as they tried to outdo each other with their dance routines. "Hum jeetenge toh rote mat rehna," quipped one of the groom's cousins, as they practiced their moves. The bride's side responded with equal enthusiasm, determined to put up a spectacular performance that would leave everyone in awe.

SRISHTI POV

I said, "Sneha, bas kar kitna khaayegi?" as I took the plate of noodles with pickles from her hand. Okay, she's pregnant and food cravings are a normal thing, but this is going to be too weird as she's eating a mixture of flavors that I can't even identify.

"Saru, just one bite please," she said to me while making a puppy face, but I ignored her and replied, "Jiju aane hi wale honge tumhari toh sikhayat lgani padegi." As I said that, Sneha's phone rang, "Lagta hai aa gaya tera jiju," she said in an irritated tone. "Ab toh tera fast food gaya," I teased her. "Kha gaya?" she asked.

"Bass abhi gaya. Yahaan se meri aankhon ke saamne se khidki se koodh gaya," I said in a fake angry tone, which made us both laugh. After that, she picked up her phone and Sahil told her that he just landed and will be home in 1 hour. Sneha then started packing her fast food to store them in a safe place, which made me laugh.

"Hasle bachi, jab tera saath hoga na pata chal jayega," she said and then looked at me. "Pata hai na kya hoga? Kal toh shadi hi hai," she said with a teasing smile on her face as she gave me a wink. In response, I just threw my pillow towards her.

I still had the mehndi on my hands, which had fully dried, as Sneha had already put the solution on it. After struggling for some time, I finally removed the dried mehndi from my hands and feet, and then washed them with water. It had a pretty good color, actually, too dark, which looked very pretty.

As I was admiring my mehndi, someone held my shoulder, and I turned my body to see who it was. It was Isha. She looked at my mehndi for a few seconds and then smiled before saying, "Areeh wahh, lagta hai Aahan bahut care karega-" "Not care, love," Sneha corrected her while looking at her phone...

"Haan vahi same," Isha said, before giving me a cheeky smile as I smiled back.

"Toh my soldiers, kya plan hai aaj raat ka competition ke liye?" I said, referring to both of them as my soldiers.

"Ji commander, plan toh aise hai ki hum hi jeetega kyunki team hi itni solid hai hamari," Sneha said with a smirk, and Isha laughed. "Yes commander," Isha said, while mimicking Sneha, which made me laugh.

"Toh soldiers, mission par lag jao," I said, while pointing my fist in the air, and they both nodded in response.

AUTHOR POV