Chupke Chupke -6 ♡

"Bua, bua, wake up!" Devika exclaimed as she jumped onto Srishti's bed.

"Bua, wake up. You always wake up quickly when you have to go to the temple," she said while trying to shake Srishti's shoulder.

"Just give me 5 more minutes," Srishti replied, hugging her pillow even tighter.

"Bua, wake up, or I'm going to call Dadi," she threatened, implying that it was already late.

"Mummaaaaa no, don't call her. She's probably ready with a list of my scoldings," Srishti muttered, a horrified look on her face.

"Bua, just wake up. She hasn't even read her list yet," Devika said, patting Srishti's head as if she were the more mature one, making Srishti laugh.

"Alright, Jaan, I'm up now. So, what are your orders, my little boss?" Srishti said, playfully pinching Devika's adorable nose.

"Ah, don't annoy me, or I'll tell your mommy," Devika threatened.

Srishti simply raised her hands in surrender.

"Bua, quick, get ready. It's almost 8 o'clock, and the haldi function starts at 10. We need to eat too," Devika pouted, emphasizing her priority for food.

"Okay, okay, I'll be ready in 10 minutes," Srishti promised as she headed to the bathroom with her outfit for the day in hand.

AFTER 20 MIN

As the doorbell rang in her room, Srishti emerged from the bathroom, towel-drying her wet hair.

"I'll check," Devika said as she rushed to the door. She noticed her mother standing there.

"Is your bua awake?" Kritika asked as she entered the room.

"Yes, Mom, she's awake and getting ready," Devika replied as she settled down to watch cartoons on her bua's phone.

"Good morning, Bhabhi," Srishti greeted as she continued to brush her wet hair.

"Good morning, dear. Your mother  is calling you; she might need something," Kritika said as she took a seat on the couch.

"Oh, okay. I'll go now. You stay here with Devika," Srishti said as she reached for her dupatta.

AAHAN POV

I had been standing in the corridor outside her room for the past 20 minutes, and she still hadn't appeared.

"Well, she didn't dream that you, Aahan Oberoi, would be waiting here just to catch a glimpse of her," my own thoughts began to mock me at this point.

"Yeah, okay, don't tease me," I responded. "See how foolish I am, and I can't even speak to myself that 'Hey, you're in love!'"

As I was having this inner conversation, a lady entered her room. I thought, "Maybe i'll see her this time." But to my dismay, instead of opening the door herself, her niece did it.

As I was about to give up and return to my room, the door opened again. I thought, "Should I try once more? Maybe it's my Ms. Savior this time." But on the other hand, I thought, "What if it's someone else?" I was wrestling with my own thoughts when I heard the pleasant sound of bangles clinking together and a shadow passed by me. There she was, the one I had been waiting for, standing right in front of me, looking stunning in her yellow Sharara suit with wet hair. And once again, I fell for her.

"Aahan, you're here. I've been looking for you. Mom called you," Sarika said, adding a wink that left Aahan confused.

"Oh, yeah, Bhabhi. I'm coming," he muttered, looking around as if searching for something or someone.