MARRIAGE RITUALS - 17♡

Kashi, the ancient city of temples, was glowing with the soft rays of the morning sun. The streets were still and quiet, except for the distant sound of temple bells and the soothing chanting of the temple song that echoed through the air. The city was bathed in a golden hue, and it seemed as if the very air was charged with a divine energy.

As Srishti stepped out of her house, she could feel the calm and serene atmosphere of the city. She took a deep breath and looked around, taking in the beauty of the city that she had grown up in. The temples and ghats, the winding lanes and alleys, the sounds of the river Ganga flowing by - everything seemed so familiar and yet so magical.

Srishti walked towards the temple of Mahadev, which was just a few steps away from her house. As she approached the temple, she could see that it was already crowded with devotees, all eager to offer their prayers to Lord Shiva. The fragrance of incense and flowers filled the air, and the sound of bells and cymbals added to the festive atmosphere.

Srishti joined the queue of devotees and waited patiently for her turn to offer her prayers. As she entered the sanctum sanctorum of the temple, she felt a surge of energy that filled her with a sense of peace and calm. She lit a diya and offered flowers and sweets to Lord Shiva, thanking him for all the blessings he had bestowed upon her.

After completing her aarti and taking the blessings of Mahadev, Srishti stepped out of the temple feeling lighter and more content. She looked around and noticed that the city had come to life, with people going about their daily chores and vendors setting up their stalls. The morning sun was now shining brightly, casting a warm glow on everything around.

As Srishti arrived home, she saw that the workers were already hard at work, preparing for her mehndi and sangeet ceremony. Even though it was still early in the day, there was a flurry of activity, with people rushing here and there, arranging flowers, setting up tables, and making sure everything was in place for the big event.

As she watched the workers move around, a sense of nervousness settled in Srishti's stomach. She knew that the mehndi and sangeet ceremony marked the beginning of the celebrations leading up to her wedding, and the realization of the momentous occasion made her feel a mix of excitement and anxiety.

SRISHTI POV

Today is my Mehndi day and Aahan and I have been talking every day whenever he gets free

Today is my Mehndi day and Aahan and I have been talking every day whenever he gets free. Over time, we have become quite close to each other and talk about a variety of topics. However, I have noticed that he tends to only ask me the same basic question every time: "Hi, how are you?" But what I find beautiful about our conversations is that he always gives me his full attention and patiently listens to whatever I have to say. Despite his seemingly limited repertoire of questions, his kind and attentive nature is what truly makes our conversations meaningful and special to me.

"Saru, today is your Mehndi," I whispered to myself as I gently patted my arm, lost in self-realization. It was a moment of introspection, a time to reflect on how far I had come