Episode V- Dream On

16th Century

16th Century

Alvar

Forgetting all about the book and her appearance, Princess Valentina jolted up from her place and rush to the gateway to examine the situation herself. It was highly unlikely of Percy, her father's horse, to complain at such an odd hour of the night. On top of everything, how did he manage to escape the stables to call out for her? She rushed out of her chambers, ignoring the alarmed calls of Katrina. Her heart was aching for some reason, and a bad feeling was clogging her mind. When the warriors standing in the corridors saw their princess running in her night wares, jumped to various conclusions. Their first thought was the place was under attack. A few thought it might be just a play, whereas, others took the situation seriously and followed the footsteps of a concerned princess.

Lord Charles stirred from his slumber, hearing the sudden chaos outside his chambers. The name of his niece rang in the empty corridors. Immediately jumping out of the bed he rushed to enquire about the scene. His eyes widen in shock when he saw Valentina running towards the entrance- barefoot with fear written all over her face. Her long cherry blonde hairs that were left open flew in every direction as she ran with the air. Her white sleep wares followed her trail as she lurched forward, not minding the icy touch of cold marble.

Panting and breathing heavily, when she finally reached the gateway, saw Percy throwing his cobbled forelegs into the wet soil. The dirt coated his white furs, still he helplessly kept on digging.

"Percy"

The princess whispered in concern and tried to reach closer, but someone held her hand. It was Lord Charles. He shook his head and warned through his eyes, asking her to stay away as the animal was dangerous. The way it was acting showed how ready he was to throttle anyone who dared to step in his way.

"What is wrong with him?" Valentina cried out, and Lord Charles gestured at a few of his warriors to tackle the horse and guide him back to the stables.

"I have no idea, princess. Maybe he has flu or something. That wild horse surely knows how to present his displeasure or pain openly. Do not worry. The warriors will settle him down. Please go to your chambers and have some sleep. We are expecting the King's arrival tomorrow."

The lord whispered while caressing the hair of the tired girl. She has been great today. Like a true royal, she took the responsibility of her pulpit in the absence of the king and sent the resources to help them. Nodding at the kind gesture of her uncle, she kissed his cheek and bid him goodnight, then headed towards the waiting arms of Katrina.

Katrina engulfed the princess's frame into a long red hood and guided her back to the chambers.

Once they reached the giant bed with the softest bedding and cushions, Valentina lies gently, and Katrina immediately covers her body with the warm blankets. On accord, the princess closes her eyes, and in no time, sleep engulfs her.