Episode XVII~ The Dark Knight

Fear

An emotion that rests in our conscious mind all the time but only acts when the darkness is perceived instead of the light at the end of the tunnel. It comes forward when the walls start to close and the dreams that once were fabricated with hope- shatters. It thrives in the heart that loses faith. It fills the lungs that no more desire to breathe and shows the sign of surrender. It glides on the spines that are hesitant to collide with the storms. It gawks through the eyes that have seen horrors of doomsday.

It freezes the courage when the thought of losing too much looms over the head, when the flash of those faces, around which your world revolves, appears on the dark side.

The two women resting on the stiff benches of the renowned hospital were going through those terrors.

Their eyes didn't stop tearing since the moment they were called about the dreadful news. The monotonous voice of a shocked nurse when reached their ears, they collapsed like some old dam and weakly rushed to look for whatever was left behind. They hoped for the better but when their eyes took in the condition of damaged souls, they lost the faith in God. The sobs that ripped from them punctuated a deep agony that wasn't going to end anytime soon.

Death has drained their houses and flooded their hearts with morose.

Nancy and Melody held on to each other tight as their bloodshot orbs stare at the red light above the door of Operation theatre. Their small bodies were huddled close to provide each other the much-needed comfort.

The news of Blast has traveled like fire and was being shown on every possible platform. The faces of dead millionaires were displayed on television. The silence was held in the memories of departed souls that lost a chance to get buried. Their ashes got mixed with a hundred others to be recognized by their people. Empty coffins were laid with some of their belongings to conduct the funeral. It was a sad day for the city.

The head maids of the Millers and Williams family when received the news, rushed to the hospital in whatever states they were in. The heartbreaking news of the departure of their old masters devastated them whereas, the young heirs were still inside the ICU fighting for their lives.

Mason Williams and Stefan Miller were in the building at the time of the blast. Fortunately, Lauren and Alex were out to take some fresh air. Still, they got affected by the intensity of the blast. The impact sent the two flying yards away and this caused them serious injuries. Sadly, they weren't the only ones. Many others that were enjoying the night close to the premises of the venue were scathed too.

When the two head maids reached the site, they were grief-stricken.

It was the doctor who informed them about the condition of two patients.

Lauren broke her left shoulder and pelvic bone when she collided with the tree. For someone who got fractures like that she was quick to react and work on her instincts just after the blast. Maybe the pumping adrenaline didn't let her feel the pain. A deep cut ran from her right ear and ended at the side of her forehead. Just above the right eye. It was a miracle how her eyes came out fine after such a heinous wound. But the laceration was more than it looked. She faced internal bleeding right under the cut. Her entire face was swollen.