Episode XXXI~ He was Darkness.

The Ambaram

There are different kinds of people scattered in the world. Even if a few of them share similar physical appearances, the same cannot be said for their nature and thought process.

The individuals are influenced by the transpiring circumstances of life.

The one who receives all riches turns out to be needy and dependent, but it doesn't mean all people of this kind are corrupted and proud. Many in this horde are humble and well-wishers.

The individuals that grow under the pressure of responsibilities and expectations often turn out to be puppets, a being born to only care and please others, always making sure that people around him are happy. But a few from the same margin become Rebels, the one who has promised themselves to live life on their terms.

The list of circumstances is long and so is the woven lives falling under distinct categories.

One important aspect that sometimes turns out to be an authoritative and dominant structure of this dynamic system is darkness. In this wide range of strata, there is a section that tops it all. Darkness. A phase that births most valiant hearts. The lord of the universe instills a strong gist in the beings falling under this category, knowing the spine-breaking struggles and fights they have to pass. This portion of humanity is exposed to the real Evil, which has swallowed the light from many happy eyes from time to time. This is the section where the lord has watched his pupils transforming into demons to survive the cruelty and insanity that is dawned by the Evil. A few of them come out alive after battling the omens, which have scarred their souls and crushed the beating hearts, leaving them behind to bleed painfully. The rest, who fail to pass through the deadly challenges, submits in front of the Evil and give up. They become the slave of the darkness and act as per the Evil demands to quench its thirst. They become the parasites of society. They leech on innocence and other attributes of humanity and pollute a well-maintained system.

But in the line of lost demons, in the shades of hopelessness, sometimes a person dangerous than the lurking Evil rise. The person whose heart has been ripped out and the soul is cracked, emerges from the flames. Oh, it's not the phoenix that lights up to ward away the Evil and its parasites. He is born to become the real ringmaster. Such a person only gives up showing the Evil their most vulnerable side while hiding the dagger of vengeance laced with destruction in cover. When the right time comes, this person strikes successfully, dethroning the Evil and takes its place, becoming the ultimate devil- a demon who won against the Evil that created him.

Fortunately, only one such trickster rises from the horde of darkness in a long time, preventing the doomsday of the entire system. It solely depends on the devil how he turns the table or how he rules the world. He thinks to either continue poisoning humanity or eliminate the parasites that could overthrow him someday.

A person without a heart is a monster and a heartless person only awakes when they have nothing to lose.

Arnold strides towards the abandoned cottage wistfully as these sickening thoughts bombard against his throbbing skull. The female in his arms weighs like petals of flowers as he barges inside the walls of their warm sanctum and immediately heads towards the bathroom. Settling the cocooned female on the wooden plank, he reaches to remove the blanket from her shivering form but freezes in the midst. A voice cackles in his mind.