20 - So I can kiss you?

natalie

"Did I have to work out with you?" Mackenzie turned off the treadmill, "You may be hot when you're all sweaty but that doesn't help the fact that I am dying."

I shook my head, pretending her calling me hot didn't make me squirm inside. "Maybe if you were in shape you'd think this is easier?" I handed her a towel so she could wipe her forehead.

She put her hands on my waist, "Are you calling me out of shape?"

I smirked, leaning closer to her face, "Maybe."

"That's rude." Her hands grabbed my waist, pulling me closer.

"Oh I am just so sorry." I smiled wider.

She smirked, finally leaning in enough to close the gap.

"Hey I was just wondering if you could drive me to- Oh! Sorry." Teddy covered his eyes, backing out of the gym, "I think I will just text Rylan."

My cheeks flamed and I looked away from Mac, so unsure what to do.

"Talk to him after school. After the game." She put her hand on the side of my sweaty face, "I think he already knows."

I nodded, looking in her eyes, "I think we need to talk after the game too."

She looked between my eyes. I was afraid she might ask why. Or get mad. Though she hasn't ever done that. I'm overthinking it- "I agree." Her other hand touched my other cheek, "But for now, can I just kiss you?"

I melted away. "Please?"

<><><><>

School flew by. The game is at 4. It's 3:15.

"Natalie!" Teddy ran up to me.

"What are you doing here?" I looked at the tall boy. Almost taller than me. But he is 14.

He flipped his hair out of his face, "Tucker's older sister brought us over." He nodded behind him to his ginger friend, "First game of your Senior season."

I scanned the crowd forming behind him.

Lacrosse is a big sport around here. And we're the best team.

Warriors are a close second.

Yes. They have a cool name. But they aren't as good as us.

And I know I sound cocky but we have the state titles to prove it.

"Mom and Dad are here." Teddy gestured to the stands, "Mackenzie found them then went ahead and sat down."

My stomach twisted in a knot.

"Are you okay?" Teddy's face was confused and worried.

"Just nervous." I nodded, patting his shoulder, "I have to change and get warmed up and what not so go sit and we'll talk after the game. Yeah?"

"And don't mention how much you and Mackenzie like each other? Got it." He smiled, "I know you like her. I've always known." He shook his head, smiling, "Maybe impress her tonight and you'll get laid."

My cheeks flushed, "Shut up. Go away."

He wore that smirk all the way back to his friends.

"Matthews!" Coach Brady called my name from the locker room, "Hurry your ass up."

"Sorry coach." I jogged into the locker room. Everyone was changed already. I am late.

I hurriedly changed into my uniform and put my goggles on my forehead, ready to slide over my eyes.