44 - Prom

DOUBLE UPDATE FOR 20K BC I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

natalie

We all got ready for prom at my house because I live on the lake and that's the best backdrop for our pictures.

"I think this is the best prom we've had." Alexander nodded as he watched london and Jacob finish taking their prom photos.

"Well we've only had two?" Eden looked at him trying not to laugh at herself stating the obvious.

I laughed. So did Mac.

We look the best out of all of our friends. She's wearing a light purple dress that fits her really really well. Mine is dark purple that also hugs me pretty tight, showing off my figure.

I take pride in the way I look. I know I'm hot. And right now, I am very hot.

"After prom; What's the move?" Jackson looked around at us. He doesn't have a date. He said he prefers to fly solo so the attention isn't taken away from him. And I guess that makes sense. But my guess is the person he wanted to go with has a date already.

I looked directly at Mac, who was standing with Maddie and Eden talking.

Her eyes met mine. She only stared at me for a moment before speaking up, "We're gonna skip the afterparty. I don't think either one of us feels like getting drunk tonight."

I nodded, looking away from her, "I have that deadline this weekend deciding which school I'm committing to."

"You're so late doing that." Alex shook his head with a huge smile on his face, "But I guess they're making an exception with the amazing Natalie Matthews."

"Keep saying words that go to my head and it might explode."

We all laughed for a moment. Including Mackenzie. Her's was fake. Because she knows I'm choosing New York.

"We should get going." Brooks stood up off the white chair, "Fashionably late isn't more than an hour and we're nearing the danger zone."

"Why do you talk as if you're in some kind of action movie?" Jackson put his arm around his shoulder and they walked towards the front of the house.

I walked next to Mackenzie, gently interlacing our fingers together.

Neither of us said anything as we walked, afraid that we'd spoil the moment.

I looked in front of us. My friends walking with their dates, their cars parked in my driveway. I looked to my right. Mackenzie walking next to me, only a little bit of makeup on, trying to ignore my staring.

She finally looked at me, "What is up with you, dork?"

I didn't say anything. Instead, I put my hands on her cheeks, slowly moving my thumbs back and forth. "I love you." I leaned in and kissed her.

These kinds of kisses are my favorite.

Filled with love. Slow. Methodical.

I pulled away.

"I love you more."

I shook my head, grabbing her hand again, "We're not having this argument right now."

"Because you know you'll lose." She squeezed my hand.

"Because you're wrong."

Elliot cleared her throat, "Are you guys gonna makeout in the middle of the yard again or can we get a move-on?"

I rolled my eyes and led Mac to my car, opening her door for her.

We all drove to the venue in a sort of straight line. It's a 25 minute drive from my house but the drive is worth it because it's so beautiful.