THIRTY - FOUR: birthday

billie

"why are we always at my apartment? yours is way better and pumpkin is here." i cuddled up with violet's cat in her bed.

"you were injured." she simply replied. she doesn't really like to talk when she doesn't feel talkative, it's cute. i usually do the talking for the both of us.

"true, but i'm not anymore so i'm putting it out there that i like your apartment more." i looked out the window, into the view. even though it was night time the windows still allowed enough light into the apartment for us to be able to see around us.

"i like your apartment more." she disagreed.

"what! that's a crime! how dare you disrespect this beautiful gem!" i was offended.

"creeps live around here." she explained.

"i didn't see any creeps." i frowned. "this is a nice area v, you don't know what you're talking about."i shook my head.

"pumpkin understands what i mean, she's here even more than i am." violet scratched her head. "right?" she asked, pumpkin only answered with a "meaw" which violet took as a yes.

"you're really beautiful." i gushed looking at her.

"pfft, please you can't even see me. it's dark." she brushed me off.

"i can see you perfectly." i disagreed.

"no you can't, all you can see is a silhouette." she corrected.

"i can see more that a silhouette." i narrowed my eyes at her.

"okay, you can see more than a silhouette." she brushed me off once again, dismissing the unnecessary conversation.

"you know my birthday is coming up soon." i mentioned.

"i know." her lips tugged into a slight smile.

"mom is making dinner and we're gonna have a little gathering like we always do, and i want you to be there." i invited her.

"does maggie know that i'm coming?" she raised a brow.

"oh come on! it's my birthday, it's not about her. she wouldn't mind, my best friends are gonna be there, plus she loves you and you know that." i replied.

"i'm messing with you, i'll be there." she assured me.

"good."

"what are you going to do before dinner then?" she asked.

"not spending my time with you."

"ouch." she winced.

"oh don't be such a baby, i spend most of my time with you. my friends want to hangout with me on my birthday, you can have me after the dinner and all night long." i explained.

"ah birthday sex." she smirked. "i might have to buy you a new toy as a present, don't you think?"

"no i don't think, i have enough. you scare me in sex shops so no thank you." i shook my head. once, we walked past a sex shop, she commented on one thing she saw from the window and i immediately started feeling hot.

"you know i'll do whatever i want to do right?" she chuckled.

"yes, but at least lie to me." i rolled my eyes.

"would you rather me lie to you than tell you the truth?" she asked.

"in some scenarios where the truth wouldn't really do me harm, or i just simply don't give a shit. a white lie is okay i guess." i shrugged. "but definitely not straight up lying about serious shit, i think it's basic knowledge that it's not okay."