FOURTY - SEVEN: the truth

billie

"her name isn't her name." he started.

"no, you mean like violet is a nickname?" i frowned.

"billie this is worse that you anticipated, it's why i called you down here and didn't just tell you on the phone." he informed me.

"her name is violet taylor wilson." i insisted.

"her name is sadie clare astor." he corrected. "her father is thomas astor, famous businessman and company owner. mother is melanie clare astor, they have more than enough money to support her mother not working."

"she grew up crazy wealthy, lots of extravagant clothes, gifts. extracurricular activities like archery, swimming, volleyball, art, music. all bills randomly stopped one tuesday, when she was seven years old." he flipped through the papers and handed them to me.

"she said her father was abusive." i whispered.

"yes, these are abusive behaviors. he stripped her away from being a child and put her through intense training at such a young age, many collage programs. there are records of dangerous substances entering her body..."

"she started working at her fathers company like any other employee, at the bottom of the pyramid. the astor company is known for letting go a lot of people, they don't joke, if they catch you slacking. you're out. no matter how high in the pyramid you are. only took violet five years to be directly under her father, she was set to be ceo and soon."

"i suspect a thing between her and celine a friend of hers. they had a die hard friendship, the inside circle, which is what they call the their twisted rich "friend group" by the way, said it vanished one day. no actual reason only a fight that ruined two best friends, don't think they're just two best friends."

"ten months ago when her father finally approved his daughter to take his place, she vanished. bank documents state that she's been withdrawing large amounts of money in cash that are suspected to have been transferred to another bank account."

"head of staff, alfred. knows everything, he helped her escape. her father thomas astor i believe is an idiot, he still hasn't found out and if right now spreading the lie to the public that sadie is traveling the world, before her comeback."

"her father has men sent out all over the country looking for her. if you look around in the city you will
most likely find one, they have a distinct look. i don't know how they still didn't capture violet..."

"thank you for choosing me, please take your files and drive safely." he told me before i left his office and drove home. i got all the files surrounding me while i read every single word, crying, bawling my eyes out.

i don't know how to feel or what to do. should i be mean cause she lied or should i feel bad for her? do i confront her or do i act like nothing happened? do i leave or do i stay? no one knows this, except heather i noticed she was her art teacher when she was younger.

this person in these papers, isn't the person i know. i don't know who she is, i can't picture my violet as her. i pulled up my laptop and googled her, she's everywhere, she not a nobody. how didn't she get recognized anywhere?

"new project i see." violet placed her keys on the counter and took off her shoes.

"what are you doing here and why aren't you at work?" i questioned, slamming my laptop shut.

"why are you crying?" she softly asked and picked up a random file to find out for herself.

"i don't think that's a good idea." i let her know.