FOURTY - ONE: what's wrong with you?

violet

i have barely talked to billie all week. she has been distant since i trapped her in her apartment. it's a normal reaction, i know, but she's all i can think about. it's not the okay normal type of thinking. i have been feeling a lot of of anxiety, especially today.

my medication isn't helping either. i am not okay. "violet." aaliyah made me jump and i put my hand on my chest. "are you okay? you've been really jumpy."

"i'm okay." i nodded.

"you sure?"

"just feeling a little anxious, nothing to be alarmed about." i assured her.

"okay, there's a customer for you on the other side. claims you're the only person that understands what she's looking for." she pointed towards a red head.

"alright." i nodded and gave aaliyah the shirts i was hanging on the racks.

"there's my favorite red head!" the girl smiled as soon as she saw me.

"hey, penny." i smiled back.

"im so glad you're here, i came in the other day looking for you, but aaliyah told me that you weren't in and that olga the newbie was here instead." she said.

"yeah, my girlfriend was sick i had to take the day off." i explained.

"cute." she smiled.

"yeah."

"need something to wear for a bachelorette party but it's has to be black, it's the theme so the bride can stand out between us all." she let me know.

"i just put out something in the morning that i think you might like actually." i instantly thought of the dress i was saving for myself. i usually tell myself that if no one buys a piece by the end of the day that i like, i'll buy it. although i never don't recommend it to a customer that i think might be interested, cause the shop would end up with more money that way since i have a discount code.

"uh i don't think so, it's not what i really hand in mind." she shook her head when i showed her the dress. "i was thinking more coverage, cause we're gonna end up meeting with the boys at the end of the night and i don't want to look slutty when the day is supposed to be about the bride." she explained.

"so you're going for a funeral type of style, okay." i nodded, putting the dress back. she laughed thinking i was joking and walked behind me as went to pull out something else.

"yeahh! this is more like it, see you know exactly what i'm looking for!" she took the dress from my hand, "i'll take this, but i'll look around and see if i like something else too."

"just call out for me when you're done shopping, i don't think aaliyah is behind the counter." i left and went out the ally to smoke a cig. i try not smoke a lot but i tend to pick it up more when im stressed or anxious.

"you work in there?" a random man asked. he was walking and just stopped once he saw me standing there.

"keep walking." i replied.

"well i don't recommend going in there." he chuckled.

"your choice of clothes tells me that i shouldn't be taking recommendations from you for clothing stores." i looked him up and down.

"it's not about clothes." he walked away.

fucking men. everything they do infuriates me. papa really messed up my head, made me despise every move his species makes. i sighed and leaned against the wall once again.

once i felt disgusted from myself, i stepped on the cigarette and made my way back in the store. "violet don't come in here!" aaliyah yelled when she heard the door open and close.