4

Aridam is assigned to watch her little brothers when Buggy grows ill, much to her dismay. Though she doesn't care for finding the final island, the possibility of finding someone strong increases the deeper they go.

"I hate both of you." She mutters, staring at Shanks as he replaces Buggy's towel. He shoots her a glare.

"Blame, Captain. We aren't the ones who forced you to stay."

Something pinches at her insides when Buggy frowns at her. Her eyes travel down his figure before she gets up and walks towards the door.

Buggy weakly calls after her but Aridam can't find it in herself to even pause. She spends the next hour searching the fruit stands for some oranges, which are surprisingly rare in this part of the sea.

She returns at sunset to find Shanks rested against Buggy's bed. Placing the basket of fruits down, Aridam stares at the red haired boy for a moment.

There's a few strands of hair on his face, his shirt is unbuttoned, and his posture is terrible. She scoffs and turns away, deciding that it's his own fault for not sleeping in a better position.

...

Good grief.

Her arms hook under the red haired boy where she carries him over to another bed and places him there.

Now that both of her little brothers are sleeping soundly, she can get to peeling those oranges.

She'd bought thirty of them, assuming Buggy would eat a lot of them when he awoke. Shanks tended to eat a lot as well. She on the other hand...

Well, she could eat once they were full.

Shanks wakes up with a slight fever as well, and notices that he's in a bed and we'll taken care of.

He looks over at Aridam and shoots up in his bed.

"Aridam!"

She's staring at him with wide eyes, her shirt held up with her teeth and hands fixing at a large wound on her stomach.

"Mwat?" She deadpans at him, her voice muffled by the shirt. The red head looks like he's about to shout and panic, so she removes a hand from her wound to shush him.

Only, that causes a bunch of blood to gush out.

He screams.

She clicks her tongue.

"Shut up!" Her teeth naw at her lip when Buggy stirs. "You'll wake him."

"You're bleeding to death!" The red head falls off of his bed, scrambling to her side only to be hissed at.