11

The critters of the night chirp, covering the already silent footsteps. Her feet are bare and hardened after years of training in the forest without protection. It's useful, and she doesn't mind it anymore.

She swings from branch to branch at a speed that could only be obtained through years of practice and patience.

She has harnessed these woods, has become the top predator. Her senses have heightened especially, so when she hears wood on one of the trees just slightly chip off, her steady pace halts and she stares at exactly where the sound was created.

A monkey runs away from her as she hisses at it.

There's an uncomfortable feeling in her stomach as she looks forwards once again and continues.

SNAP

There you are.

She leaps forwards and grabs onto the end of the branch that the figure is  atop, tackling them to the ground.

As soon as her back hits the ground they begin to scuffle soundlessly. It isn't until she manages to hit them square in the nose, that they stop and retreat.

"Why are you here?"

She recognizes that foul scent.

And the way they shake in fear at her voice.

"I was sent to confirm you're still alive."

It's a woman.

"Leave, or I will kill you."

Silence. They're thinking.

"The famous Aridam sparing a life? Perhaps you are an imposter."

She throws a sharp piece of wood at them, enjoying the way it pierced their skin.

She can see far better in the darkness these days. Surely, they cannot.

"Do not try and tempt me, it will not work. This is my final warning. Leave."

Why is she hesitating?

This isn't like her. For years and years she was fine with killing everyone. 

Everyone.

Mothers, fathers, children. 

Aridam didn't discriminate in her killings, she never has. She killed celestials and she also killed doctors.

In the end, they're all living beings who happened to cross her path.

Shanks says thats her problem.

Crap, is that why shes hesitating? 'Cause of her baby brother?