9

She grows ill.

Apparently when she cries, her body for some reason develops a fever. So, with the roles finally reversed after so many years, Shanks is taking care of her.

She frowns at the red-head when he enters the room once again. "Piss off, you're annoying me."

"Don't lie," He cooed. "I don't get sick easily, don't worry."

Her eyes twitched. "Worry? Why would I worry."

He smirked and changed the rag on her head. "Alright, Aridam."

"What do you-" She's cut off by a strong coughing fit, one that has her clutching her throat and groaning. The air in the room shifted and grew warm, almost as if it was steaming. Shanks felt a sweat roll down the side of his face.

"Anyways, there's a lot we need to catch you up on." Shanks offers her a newspaper. She stares at the inked paper and clicks her tongue at the latest news. She turns to Shanks who looks as though he already knows what she's going to say.

"Why is everything so fabricated on this paper? The past papers were a lot more truthful."

He laughs, noting that she and Rayleigh are a little similar. Speaking of Rayleigh...

"We're almost there." He softly pushes the cat against her side to her lap and grabs her hand. "Are you ready?"

With a disgusted expression she retracted her hands from his grip and growled at him. "I'm not some baby- you should really respect your elders Shanks."

He rolled his eyes. "You're only three years older than me."

"And how much can happen in three years?"

"Touche."

The floorboards creaked as the captain stood, making his way towards the door. He blew out the remaining candles in her room and then closed the door. As soon as he did, Aridam grabbed her cat, stared it straight in the eyes and said.

"I'm going to piss my pants."

"Meow."

She gulped. "I don't know why I'm scared. What if I just challenge him to a fight to hide my fear? I wonder if he can still beat me."

"Meow."

The she suddenly remembered her dying words. "Wait, do you think he found out who my parents were? Doesn't matter, they're probably dead by now."

"Meow."

She nodded. "I agree."

Then stood the best she could. Shanks and Benn have been watching her all day, forbidding her from leaving her bed. Now that they were all asleep she could finally go and eat some real food-

"Oya?"

This stupid deadbeat.

"What?" She held the cat against her and glared at the sniper. Slowly, as if realizing what she was doing, a grin grew on the mans lips. She cursed at him and tried to walk past him when he grabbed her shoulder. Too weak to fight against him, she halted.

"If boss and Benn see ya-"

"Shut up, I'm not scared."

Please, she's starving.

Yasopp shrugged, heading off towards Benns chambers. She hesitated, her eye twitching until she finally reached out and angrily called his name.

The stupid sniper grinned at her, opening his palm. Aridam clicked her tongue and slapped the berri's into his hand. He snickered and twirled his pistol around his finger, turning the other way. "Pleasure doing business."