15

He refuses, of course.

"Why?" Aridam frowned, confused as to why anyone at all would refuse a marriage proposal from her. 

"I'm not interested in romance," He mutters, turning his back on her and resuming his exercises. "And I barely know you."

"But I know you. You're a swordsman who can cut wind and I like how you look. You meet all the qualifications." She nods approvingly to herself, standing up and pacing around the room as she ponders. 

Zoro scowls at her but doesn't say anything else, doing pushups with weights on his back. He doesn't seem to mind the fact that Aridam is watching him curiously, a glint in her eyes as she blinks rapidly. A thought passes in her mind, one that has her grinning mischievously. It worries Zoro when she leaves the room without another word, but relieves him when he can finally exercise in silence. 

The new girl is odd but interesting. Surprisingly, Zoro finds himself pondering over the facts of her existence quite often. She possesses no devil fruit yet still has abilities-- and, apparently, a curse. Despite looking younger than him, she's nearly two decades older than him. It reminds him of Brook's situation only, she still has skin.

Normally Zoro couldn't give a damn about any of the others' past, but theres just something about Aridam that makes him so curious. It could be natural, or it could be because she constantly bothers him with bit's and pieces of her life but always manages to leave out the best parts.

Somehow, Aridam had told him the full details of a fight between Roger and Garp, yet avoided mentioning Rogers swordsmanship completely. She'd done the same with Whitebeard and Rayleigh-- even mentioned a young Mihawk appearing in the papers a few times, but never explaining why.

He groans and angrily throws a weight back into it's racks before grabbing a towel from a bench. He then slips his arms through the sleeves of his blue shirt and begrudgingly heads out after Aridam. 

~

Zoro relents a couple of weeks later, and while enjoying one of his naps as Law and the others plan for the battle against Kaido, he asks her about Oden.

"Oden was strong." Aridam shrugs. Zoro nearly pulls his hair out in frustration. Every damn answer she gives him is too generic, and he doesn't like asking so many questions. It embarrasses him for some reason. 

He could ask Kinemon or Mononosuke, but neither know any stories of Odens battles outside of Wano. Mononosuke was apparently too young--though he isn't exactly old enough now--and Kinemon was in Wano, busy with other duties; and when he did try to receive newspapers from outside of Wano, the birds were shot down. 

"How was he with his swords?" The greenette finally grits out, eye twitching when Aridam smirks at him.

"I can tell you while we eat something." 

His eyebrows raise, surprised momentarily at the offer. He can tell she means to have a meal with him to get to know him better, and he finds he doesn't mind the idea. With some sake thrown into the mix of course. He tells her so.