𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞

"In your eyes, I see the stars,
A universe that's all our own,
With you, my heart beats so fast,
My love for you will always be shown."

During this one week, I so wanted to meet and talk to Nyesa, but at this point I met and saw everyone except her

During this one week, I so wanted to meet and talk to Nyesa, but at this point I met and saw everyone except her. Today is the mehendi ceremony and will finally have a reason to talk to her and finally see her.

Even my parents and cousins started to see how agitated I am becoming though they don't know the reason, they guessed it was because I couldn't see her, or talk to her. I saw her sisters a few times, and tried to bribe them into giving me her room no., I went to the extent of following them, but ofcourse they outsmarted me.

All the her sisters are super giggly and smiley and excited to get there mehendi done. But all I care is about seeing her. As soon as I ate my breakfast, my mother is all smiley and super happy, she drags me to the big outdoor space which is beautifully lit and decorated. All the sisters are huddled around the one person I have wanted to see for the last 3 days.

She looks beautiful in all her glory, smiling and giggling as her cousins make jokes, while her grandma and nani sit around her also laughing along. She looks the happiest I have ever seen her. She sees me and gives me a dazzling smile, just as her cousins also see me and run towards me, making me sit on the swing next to her, while she has already started on her mehendi.

"If you sit next to me,you will know where I hid your name in my mehendi and you will easily be able to find it." She said with a huge smile, she looks super happy today, she is wearing this really gorgeous lehenga and her short ,above the shoulder hair is beautifully curled she is again wearing makeup,I can see it.

I crave to see her without makeup, I know, I just know she is will be even more beautiful. Her beautiful flowery scent hits me straight. "Well you don't have to worry about that, I will win without cheating you can see. In fact I am getting your name written too, let's see if you can find yours in mine." I say grinning at her, and smiled back her head up and she gives me a challenging nod.

I see what my mom did there, both our outfits match and compliment each others. She is wearing a lot of heavy jewellery too a beautiful Maang Tikka, heavy gold and diamond bangles only in one hand right now, necklace, ring and Payal and jutti on her feet and jhumkas. Everything she is wearing complements her in every way.

I chat and joke with her sisters and her grandma, I can see she is really happy around her sisters and her grandmas, but as soon as her parents more specifically her dad enters the room she looks down and doesn't smile anymore

I chat and joke with her sisters and her grandma, I can see she is really happy around her sisters and her grandmas, but as soon as her parents more specifically her dad enters the room she looks down and doesn't smile anymore. But I don't lose hope, I still try to make jokes and try to make her laugh.

In a little while, mine and her mums come inside in a hustle bustle, they are both wearing beautiful sarees. And our dads, Mamus,grandpas, fufajis, Mausajis, chachus and brothers are wearing suits while all the sisters and Masis, buas, chachis, tayjis and Mamis are either wearing suits or lehengas.

A few photographers are scattered all over the room clicking candids, and beautiful classical music plays in the background. Our moms come around us, with sweets in there hands. My little cutie looks so happy seeing Rasmalai, "our babies look so good together. Don't they Sakshi?" My mum says, feeding me the rasmalai, while her mom feeds her.

We have both started getting our mehendis, while she has to get both her hands done till her elbows and also her feet I have to get both my hands done, our mehendi artist will just be doing mehendis on our hands, yesterday all the close family and friends came, tomorrow almost is the day rest of the people will come.

"Oh look who is it! Baby, Aditi" Sakshi aunty says. And I look at the cute baby. "Awww come here baby, such a cutie you are, for real, can I keep you forever" she says holding the baby with one hand and placing kisses on the babies chubby cheeks , as the baby laughs and giggles. "Hi Nyesa di, it been so long." A woman comes, who I'm guessing is the babies mother and Nyesa's friend maybe.

"Yah I know, it's been so hectic, I swear to god. I wish we could back to the good old days." She says laughing and I just admire her. And just like that she keeps laughing and I keep staring at her, lost in a trance. So lost I didn't even notice my mum was standing beside me. " is someone is love?" My mum teases me and I blush a red hue, but I don't deny, she is my mom she knows everything before I do.

It's been 4 hours since we've been getting our mehendi done. I was done 2 hours ago, the artist also told me where he hid her name in my hand, honestly if she finds it she has super eyesight, because even I couldn't see it. She just got done with both her hands now she is getting her feet started, my mehendi is already dried so I go get both mine and Nyesa's lunch in one plate and sit next to her.

I feed her while eating myself, but I eat less and make her eat more, and I could see she was hungry as well. Both our mothers also just sat to get there mehendis done while all our sisters and her grandmas are done and are all gone in there rooms. As soon as we are done with the food, I try to chat with her some more, but she doesn't talk much.

Our mehendis were done almost 2 hours ago, we both have to sleep with it on, so that, it's dark in colour by morning and for the Sangeet tomorrow evening. We both also have our dances prepared. But now it's time for the most fun game ever.

"Ok you find your name in my hand first." She says smiling, while all the rest her cousins benign her giggle and peer downwards. "Ok, ok, geez so much pressure." I say and keep her hands in mine, also there is a timer to see who finds it first. And I keep finding and finding, both my parents and my cousins cheer me on, but it was just that second of a turn, and I found it beautifully written in calligraphy inside the mandala design.

"Found it," I say and she pouts we see the time, it took me almost 5 minutes, only because she didn't even tell me which hand it's in, or which side. Both our families cheer for us while she tries to find her name in my hand, even I hadn't given her a hint, but still- "Found it" she said and smiled, and I looked at her with a mix emotion of surprise and amusement as she jumped around happily, having done it 3 minutes before.

Oh, so it was a fun and a tiring day, it's almost night time. And I don't want to part ways with her, even though I'm going to see her tomorrow, I can't get enough of her smiles and her giggles.

 And I don't want to part ways with her, even though I'm going to see her tomorrow, I can't get enough of her smiles and her giggles