𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐒𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬

"As you take your vows and say "I do",
May love and joy forever ensue,
May your hearts beat as one, forevermore,
And your love be the foundation you build your life for."

The interior is absolutely beautiful; it's all pink flowers, and all the settings on the walls are designed with such beautiful flowers embellished on the walls

The interior is absolutely beautiful; it's all pink flowers, and all the settings on the walls are designed with such beautiful flowers embellished on the walls. There is a huge pink sofa surrounded by huge pink flower bouquets, and it gives a view of the open area in front with leaves falling down from above.

I see a hand in my view. Ayaan stands above the stage, waiting for me to take his hand so that he can help me up. But I don't take his hand. I'm not some girl in distress; I am going to get married. I have to become mature, grow up, and be strong. I hold up my lehenga and walk up the stairs myself without taking his help, but I smile up at him when I take the last step up.

"You know I'm not a woman in distress, nor am I lazy enough that I can't walk up the stairs myself," I say, giving him a tight-lipped smile. But he smiles wider and says, "I mean, you're right, but I am also your husband, who has all rights to make sure his wife doesn't fall and get hurt, and I'm sure you're the most energetic person." and winks, and my cheeks go red.

We stand in the middle of the stage, and in front of it stand all our families together with the biggest smiles on their faces. And all I can think about is how hungry I am. I smile and pretend that I'm the happiest bride in the world. The priest keeps saying a few things, but I'm in such deep thought that I only break out of the reverie when we are facing each other and I'm handed a flower garland and he already has one in his hand.

My brothers come from behind me and pick me up, and I squeal before I can do anything. Ayaan's hands get frozen in the air. And just like that, in a second, Ayaan is also picked up by his brothers, and just like that, we both look into each other's eyes and break into laughs as our families throw rose petals at us, and we put the sacred flower garlands over each other's heads and in their necks.

 And just like that, in a second, Ayaan is also picked up by his brothers, and just like that, we both look into each other's eyes and break into laughs as our families throw rose petals at us, and we put the sacred flower garlands over each other...

And just like that, another round of claps and cheers goes around. After the garlands are exchanged, we are made to sit on the couch, and we take pictures until 10 p.m. back to back. And I'm already so tired, but as soon as I see a baby coming my way for a photo, I don't even have to fake a smile; a big smile takes over my face. I coo at the baby, and I take him in my arms. As the baby giggles at me. "Cute, isn't he?" Ayaan says.

"Very! I love babies like anything; I want like 4-5 of my own." I keep a hand on my mouth to stop myself from speaking. I don't know why I keep telling that to everyone. He looks at me with a smile, comes near my ear, and says, "You know, I want 4-5 babies as well. And I'm glad to hear that not everyone dislikes babies. I, in fact, love babies so much that I'm in baby fever mode 24/7." I look down at the baby and smile, knowing he will not find me weird after knowing that I want more than two babies.

Soon the photos are done, and I'm so tired that if my dad gets to know I got tired just sitting, he will scream at me. Ayaan tries to talk to me, but I just ignore him. I am actually 2 seconds away from snapping at him; I'm that hangry. "You know," I am about to say, but Sweety pulls me up. "Come, let's get something to eat," she says to me. "Ayaan," she says, looking at him and nodding as his cousins also drag him away.

"You knew you were actually about to snap." She says this and hugs me to herself. And all I can think about is how I'm about to break and just start crying. I slump into her hold and look down. She pulls me behind a pillar and wipes a stray tear that dropped. "Don't cry, sis, please," she says, her eyes watering. She hugs me tightly.

Ayaan comes behind her, right in front of me. I look at him with wide eyes and try to break the hug from Sweety. "Sis, please, just listen to me. Okay, if you cry, your makeup will get all spoiled, and your dad will scream at you for crying". I try to stop her, but she keeps on saying, "I know, I know you're tired. But I can give you this in writing; he will make you so happy and give you so much love that no one ever will, not even I could give you." She finally breaks the hug and looks me in the eyes. As she is about to say something, I put my palm over her mouth and shake my head.

She sees where I am looking and turns to see him. "Oh, Ayaan, excuse us, please," she says, smiling at him as she pulls me along. She makes me sit at the family table. Thankfully, I am surrounded by my cousins only, which puts me at ease. Mom says, "Baby, the Murat (time decided by the priest when the actual Pooja for the wedding starts) is at 11," she says, and I nod.

I talk some, laugh some, and make some memories. Even a sad memory can become a good one if effort is put into it. So I smile big because I know that after this wedding, it might be a very long time before we all meet each other again. So, I live in the moment.

 So, I live in the moment