𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐: 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐌𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

"Your touch ignites a flame,
A passion that can't be tamed,
In your arms, I find my peace,
My heart, my love, will never cease."

As soon as I was done taking a bath, I went through with my plan

As soon as I was done taking a bath, I went through with my plan. Which was not sleeping but pretending to; because I am visiting Udaipur for the first time, I wanted to roam around the city. I haven't told anyone my plan since I will only be gone for around 2 hours, the amount of time my parents wanted me to sleep in.

I took my packed bag and got going while all my cousins were in the room next to me. I take the room key and leave the room quietly. I haven't told anyone anything, and if they find out, they will probably think I ran away. Let them; I don't care. I want some time away to think about everything and how everything will change tonight.

As I am almost at the hotel gate, I hear someone say, "Nessa." I look up and see Ayaan. Why isn't he sleeping, and why is he everywhere? Now he'll tell someone, and I'll not be able to go anywhere. And what's with the nickname? I mean, it's kind of cute, but still! "Uhh, yah?" I am looking here and there, seeing if anyone is coming. I am kind of dressed like a homeless person, with a bag on my shoulder. I know what it can look like.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping? And why are you everywhere I go? Are you a stalker? What is your problem?" I burst out in frustration. He smirks and says, "We're running away, are we?" My eyes go wide, but I smile back a sarcastic smile and say, "I'm not like you; I love to travel, and I actually want to visit places here. It's been on my bucket list forever," I say.

He says with a cute, dimpled smile, "Can I come with you? I know many good places, and you also won't get lost." I look at him, frustrated. "I'll not get lost! What makes you say that you know, no, you cannot come with me; I want some alone time?" He then says, "Pretty please!" with a pout, his lips jutting out. And I fall for it, but I pretend that I don't. "Ok, fine, whatever."

And just like that, he took his Mercedes, and we got going. The first thing we are going to do is take a boat ride at Lake Pichola. It's a beautiful lake, and the bookings are to be done on the spot as soon as we reach there. Even though it was crowded as hell, Ayaan got our booking done within 5 minutes. I ask, and he just smiles and says, "Shhh, it's a secret."

Before I could say anything else, he pulled me along, and the boat was beautiful, but the scenery was even more beautiful. I opened my bag and took out my journal. With this beautiful scenery in mind, I started to write my sad thoughts. "What is that? Should I take pictures of you? I'm a good photographer." He asks, and I close my journal before he can peek. I haven't ever let anyone open it and read it. I've been writing since I was 15 years old, since I had no one to talk to about it.

"Nothing, and no, I don't like to get pictures clicked; I'm not photogenic. But I do believe you are a good photographer; I can click your picture if you want." I offer politely. "Nah!" He says. He tries to make conversation, but he could see I was eager to write in my journal rather than listen to him, but I didn't want to be rude, so I let him go on about how he thinks I am the most beautiful, but I don't believe him, so whatever he says goes in one ear and out of another.