Chapter 4: Doubt

"I'm serious" I said and he burst into laughter
"How's your nanny" He asked changing the topic
"She's still in USA, her surgery is in two days time" I said and he nod
"May Allah subhana wa ta'ala grant her successful surgery" He prayed and I said Ameen smiling.
"How are you guys coping at home"
"We can feel her absence. Mum got tired of the twins fights since nanny is not around to stop them.....hmm Superman" I called
"I don't like that name give me another one"
"Really?" I asked excited
"Yes"
I smile and start thinking of which name to choose for him.
"What about Hussein. It means handsome?"
"Why that?" He asked
"Because you are handsome" I said and the moment I realized what I said, i facepalmed my self
"I mean...."
"How's the preparations for your waec going" He changed the topic and I muttered Alhamdulillah. He's really good at changing topic.
"Good. Which university and which course are you choosing"
I might not be able to further my education" He said and my eyes widened.
"You got to be kidding me. Why?" I asked and that was when the bell was rung for closing.

Since then we've not being able to talk about it. Maybe he had no money to continue sponsoring himself.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Three weeks after

We all run out of the house upon hearing the horn of dad's car, I and the twins falling into Nanny Zay open embrace.
"We missed you so much nanny" I said breaking the hug and she smile
She has changed a lot
"I missed you too" She said as we all head into the house
"Welcome home nanny. Dinner's ready" Mum said and we all move to the dinning
Mum had prepared nanny's favourite Nigerian dish. Ikokore (water yam porridge) garnished with crayfish, fish, meat and the likes
"Ma Sha Allah. I've missed your food alot" Nanny Zay said and mum smile

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Nanny Zay" I called knocking on her door
"Come in dear"
I walk into the room to see her getting ready to sleep.
"You called?" I asked
"Yes. I want to talk to you before going to sleep"
I sat down beside her and she took my hand.
"Your mum called me" She said and immediately I know where she's going
"Your biological mum" She added and I just nod
"She....I mean you should forgive her"
"Nanny....."
I know how you feel dear but it's time you stop punishing yourself by hating her. Even if you don't want her back in your life totally atleast forgive her" Nanny said"Live her as you love Zahra"
"Nanny you should sleep" I said kissing her forehead before literally running out of the room.

I got back to my room and walk towards my reading table. I open the drawer and brought out a photo frame. It was actually an old photo. I stare at it and tears roll down my eyes. According to dad I was just two months old then. It's a picture of my mum, dad and I. I had kept it from dad since he had destroyed everything related to her even their wedding certificate.

"Why do you still have that?" My head snapped up only to see dad standing at the entrance. He walks towards me and collected it from me angrilly.
"Dad" I called
"What are you doing with her picture"
"Because she's my mum. I can hold unto her picture if I want to" I said on the verge of crying and he sighed
"Habeebah" He called my second name
"Dad I love her despite everything she had done. Some part of me want to hate her. Dad I love mum more than her but I still can't forget that she's the one that gave birth to me." I said and he hug me with tears rolling down my eyes.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"I was just joking the last time" Hussain said on our way home and I just nod absentmindedly
"Miskiyyah Habeebah Muhammad Bello" He called my full name and my head snapped towards him frowning
"What's wrong. You've been avoiding me since yesterday" He asked and I swallowed the lump in my throat.
"I'm not"
"Is it because I ask you to go home without me"
"Of course not. I'm just......"
"HUSSAIN" Someone screamed and we both turn to the direction of the voice. The last time I check, I'm the only one that knows that name. A lady wearing a black abaya with blue double loop hijab. She ran towards us before Hussain pulled her into a hug. Upon seeing that, my heart skip a beat. 'Is she his girlfriend? No, Hussain can never have a girlfriend, he's pious and will not do anything haram.' Various thoughts clouded my mind but i quickly brush it away.

"As Salam Alaykum Miskiyyah" The lady greeted but i just stare at her
"Hmmm Miskiyyah meet my sister Mawrah."
"You're right Hussain, she's beautiful. Hussain had told me alot about you." Mawrah said
"Miskiyyah" Hussain called and I sigh.
Without saying anything, i left the place. I could hear Hussain calling me but I ignored him.

We've been friends for months and I had literally told him everything about me but all what he do is keep secrets. He told me he had no family members, then did he suddenly have an elder sister overnight.

They were right. Daniella and Abigeal are right. I shouldn't have trusted him.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Miskiyyah" I heard mum called from downstairs
"Coming mum" I said. I drop my laptop before heading downstairs.
On getting there I me Mawrah
"What are you doing here?" I asked
"Greeting matters. The word As Salam Alaykum won't hurt you but you will ended up getting rewarded" Mum said before leaving the sitting room
"I'll go....."
"I'm busy okay?"
"Five minutes. I promise" She said and I nod folding my arms
"Why? You've changed Miskiyyah. You're not the Miskiyyah Hussain told me about." She said and I hissed before muttering Audhubillahi minash-shaytanir-rajeem

Flashback
"You should go home without me" Hussain said and I looked at him surprised.
"Why? You're going somewhere"
"Nothing special"
"What's it. I....."
"Just go" He said before going to the opposite direction.
"Olórí oh boy (oh boy's queen)" I heard someone called and I turn to see Daniella.
We are classmates from USA. Her dad was also transferred to Nigeria. We also happened to be classmates again.
"Don't be foolish dearie. What makes you think you're the one I'm calling" Daniella asked smirking.
"It's really obvious that you are dating that low class nameless boy" Abigeal, her new friend said.
The moment Daniella joined this school, he had form a club consisting of girls from a super rich family. She had been asking me to join but i refused.
"What do you want" I asked sighing
"You are being used by your so called friend. I never thought you will stoop so low to the extent of making someone you know nothing about your best friend. Miskiyyah no one knows his name? Parents or where he came from? Not even the school authority. What if he's a runaway criminal or he was sent by someone to trap girls like you? You might think he's a Muslim but he was just pretending?" Daniella said.

END OF FLASHBACK

Those words had got me thinking and when I told my mum about it, she ask me to keep away. She was disappointed that I was just telling her about him. I had only told her about my feelings for him and nothing else.

I had even try following him home several times but he always caught me following him.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

As Salam Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Please don't forget to comment, vote and share

Love you all 🥰😘