Chapter 23

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ، خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ، وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ، أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ، أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ، وَأَبُوءُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِر لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ

O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship but You. You created me and I am your slave. I keep Your covenant, and my pledge to You so far as I am able. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I admit to Your blessings upon me, and I admit to my misdeeds. Forgive me, for there is none who may forgive sins but You.(Whoever recites this with conviction in the evening and dies during that night shall enter Paradise, and whoever recites it with conviction in the morning and dies during that day shall enter Paradise.)

Warning ⚠️ Drama ahead😂😂

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"Ayaan you can't be serious?" I yelled but he ignored me. "Like seriously what the hell is wrong with me having my internship while pregnant. It's not like I'm going to carry block or wood? Ayaan will you look at me and tell me you are joking?" I asked but he ignored me again typing something down on his laptop. I walked towards him and the the heading of the letter caught my attention. Angrily, I picked up the laptop and smashed it on the wall.

"ARE YOU MAD!!!?" Ayaan yelled standing up from the bed.

"Maybe you are, who knows? Do you think that I had accepted my destiny that I won't be a doctor and the millions of naira that my parents spent on me will go to waste because my husband wanted me to become a full HOUSEWIFE?. I had kept quiet all these while waiting for a perfect time to asked you if I can go back to school and I was damn happy when you helped me to apply for internship. I was happy, all my worries was thrown away. Only if I know this is what you're planning. You just wanted me to come back home. You did it so that I'll be happy and forgive you and come back home not knowing I'll come back on my own. And now you find out that I'm still pregnant and you want to cancel the internship. You must be stupid for thinking like that. So you have been looking for a way to tell me not to go and when the issue of pregnancy came, you jumped on it. Iro lopa (you're lying) I'll go for that internship and nothing will happen to my baby. How was it easy for you to play with my emotions just like that. I hate you Ayaan. I freaking HATE YOU. I'm leaving and don't you dare call me or come after me." I yelled tears rolling down my eyes.

I ran into the walk in closet, pulled out my box and start packing my things with tears rolling down my eyes. After packing, I dressed up and head downstairs. Putting the box inside the trunk of the car and got into the drive seat. I started the car and drove to the gate only to see it still locked. I wind down the window to talk to the gateman who was sitting together with the drivers and security men.

"Open the gate. Or are you saying you don't see me here?" I asked but they all ignored me. Ayaan's order I thought before getting down from the car. I turned around to see Ayaan standing on the terrace his hands resting on the railings.

"Come inside" He said and I shook my head tears rolling down my eyes.

"Let me leave please" I said "Before I do something I'll regret for the rest of my life." I said and in my peripheral view, I can see the workers looking between the two of us surprised. Of course this is the first time they will be witnessing this.