Chapter 6: Eshal

Two months after
"What are we doing here granny" I asked as we walk towards the receptionist. I've never being to a hospice before but here I am.
"Good morning please where is Basirah Abdullah's room" Hearing that i froze. I don't want to see her, i want to leave.
"Nanny I need to use the toilet." I said and she nod.

I went to the toilet to cover up my lie before making my way out of the hospice.
"Miskiyyah." Nanny called and I halt on my tracks before facing her.
"Let's go" She said glaring at me and i just nod. I walk towards her and she hold my hand knowing i want to escape.

"As Salam Alaykum" Nanny greeted knocking on the door.
"Nanny I don't want to see her" I said and she let out a sigh
"Miskiyyah, your mum had brain cancer..."
"So?" I cut in rudely and for the first time, Nanny slapped me. My cheeks sting and it hurt alot.
"She has less than a day left to die so you like it or not, you will be staying with her till she die" Nanny said and I shook my head.
"She's no more my mum. She left me years ago. I hate her" I said but Nanny ignored me.

The door open only to reveal a girl and my eyes widened. I had never met my twin sister and here she is standing in front of me her eyes also widened. It was like a mirror was in front of me and i was seeing my image.

"How are you Eshaal?" Nanny asked and she break the gaze paving way for Nanny Zay to walk in.
"Who's she?" Eshaal asked and I frown. Did she not know that she had a twin sister?
"Your twin sister" Nanny said 
Eshaal eyes me from head to toe before hissing.
"Eshaal" Mum faint voice was heard and we all turn to her. She had become really skinny and her hair are all gone.

I walk out of the room tears gathering in my eyes. I'm not going to cry, i will not cry because of her. I hate her. No you don't....my sub-concious mind said. After some minutes Nanny came out of the room and asked Mt to go in and talk to her. I walk back in to hear her out for the first time. I want to know why she left me and took Eshaal? I want to know why she remarry without divorcing my dad? Why did she ran off?

"Listen Eshaal, i love you and your sister...."
"Mummy please don't leave me. My life will become miserable without you." Eshaal said crying while I stood by the door watching the two. I know she would have been brainwashed by my so called mum.
"Tell your sister that i love her. Tell her that I'm sorry" She said . I wanted to walk towards her but halt on my tracks upon hearing Eshaal's reply
"Don't be foolish mum. She doesn't love you, she takes after that man. She doesn't care about what you're going through and yet you still love her" Eshaal yelled and i burst into laughter which makes them turn to me.
"Do you also know what I went through because I got no mum. I was bullied by my classmates. I almost become traumatized because of you. My life was upside down without a mother care. I met with mum and got her married to my dad just to have a mum. She was just my class teacher then and she loves me like she gave birth to me. Why didn't you come back if you really love me?? Why did you leave me? I HATE YOU AND WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU" I screamed the last part before turning to leave tears rolling down my eyes.

He door open and a man, quite older than my dad and two boys walk into the room. They all eyed me just like how Eshaal did earlier before walking toward mum's bed. Immediately i recognize them as mum's husband and the children she had for him. I speak to my leg and walk out of the room. The tears clouded my eyes but i just keep on walking until I bumped into someone.

"I'm Sorry"I said not looking up. The only thing I could see is the person white laboratory coat which means that he/she is a doctor.
"Are you okay" He asked and I felt shivers run down my spine.
"I'm fine" I said wanting to leave but he stopped me.
"Eshaal?" He called and I shook my head
"You're twins?" He asked and I manage to nod.
"What's your name?" He asked and I'm already getting irritated
"Miskiyyah. Satisfied?" I asked angrilly and he just nod.
He left and I turn to look at his back, his voice is so mesmerizing and his walking steps are organized.
"Wait" I said and he stopped
"What? I thought you don't wanna talk to me"
"And did I say i want to?" I said before walking to his front. He had a smirk on his face but i just roll my eyes. Judging by his look, he should be in his mid thirties or so.
The patient at room 24"
"You mean your mum?" He asked
"Not anymore. Don't try to save her when she is dieing"
"What?" He asked shocked and i smile. I looked at his tag to see Dr. M.M written in it.
"I'm not telling you to kill her, just don't try to save her. See you." I said before leaving
"I can't do that. It's my job to save people" He shouted but i ignore him. Any ways moving her to an hospice means her death is certain so no need to worry

I call Nanny to ask her where she is and she told me to wait for her at the reception, so I just did.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

As Salam Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu dearies. This chapter is dedicated to the first person to read, vote and comment my story MutiatAbdulafeez. You can also check on her stories. They are all interesting.

How are you all? Thanks for the votes, i really appreciate them.

Also, presently, I'm writing my WASSCE so I don't promise a regular update. But In Sha Allah, i will try to update once in a week.